Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci extension is incorrectly displayed in logarithmic scale chart

Hi,
    I started to use NT 8 and noticed incorrect display of Fib extension on logarithmic monthly price chart. Please look the attached file of Nikkei index, monthly intervals.
    Notice projection of 261.8% from November 2011. The extension value is 19620.27 but it is displayed around 21400 level.
    When I switch to linear scale instead of logarithmic the extension is displayed correctly.
    The second issue with this chart - it is impossible to select text symbols below candle stick bars (see symbols w, y and [2]). Linear scale chart does not have this issue.

NT 8 version used is 8.0.6.1.

Please fix the issues.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

I can reproduce the logarithmic vs linear scale type issue. I'll be reporting this to the Development Team. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For your reference, the tracking number is QA-3045.

How are the text objects drawn on your chart? Is it manual or are they placed by an indicator? Could you provide me with exact steps on how to reproduce this behavior? Please be as articulate as possible.

Comment

The text is drawn manually. Take a chart of any instrument, switch it to logarithmic scale and place text below bars. Switch your cursor to something else, then try to click on your text. If you can select it then move text lower and repeat. Eventually the text becomes unclickable (not selectable) unless you switch to linear scale.
      One more interesting behavior of Fibonacci extension I noticed:
      It is impossible to select it by clicking at Price Levels. In NT 7 I could click on any part of the extension drawing object and it was getting selected. It is a bit annoying that I can't do it anymore but it is not a big deal.

While your developers are looking into the defect please add a feature into their enhancement list:
      Fibonacci extension must have an option to specify price levels as ratio of absolute value as you have today and the ratio of percentage value. Imagine the instrument moved from $1 to $5. Total move as an absolute value is $4. Now the instrument dropped to $3. If we project from this point 100% of the absolute value move we get a target of 3+4 = $7 . If we project 100% of percentage value move ( ($5-$1)/$1 * 100% = 400%) our target will be (($5-$1)/$1+1)*$3=$15. I will appreciate if this enhancement is implemented.

Best regards,
      CycleArt

Comment

Thanks for the details, I am able to reproduce this object selection behavior now. The internal tracking number is QA-3048.

Originally posted by CycleArt View Post
        It is impossible to select it by clicking at Price Levels. In NT 7 I could click on any part of the extension drawing object and it was getting selected. It is a bit annoying that I can't do it anymore but it is not a big deal.
        The difference I see on my end with the Fibonacci Extension is that NinjaTrader 7 has anchor points along the vertical line where the price levels originate. NinjaTrader 8 only has an anchor point at the top of this price level vertical line. I will submit a feature request to return the anchor point to NT7 behavior.

Originally posted by CycleArt View Post
        Fibonacci extension must have an option to specify price levels as ratio of absolute value as you have today and the ratio of percentage value. Imagine the instrument moved from $1 to $5. Total move as an absolute value is $4. Now the instrument dropped to $3. If we project from this point 100% of the absolute value move we get a target of 3+4 = $7 . If we project 100% of percentage value move ( ($5-$1)/$1 * 100% = 400%) our target will be (($5-$1)/$1+1)*$3=$15. I will appreciate if this enhancement is implemented.
        Thanks for the suggestion. I have also submitted this as a feature request.

I'll edit this thread when I receive the tracking numbers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ender_wiggum  
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mizzouman1