Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Overload

Hello,

I have a custom Indicator that paints a bar when the script conditions are satisfied and I use it on multiple charts. I would like to disable the alert as when it is triggered, I get the alert from all of the charts the indicator is attached to. Unfortunately, there is no disable alert feature and I have tried various options in the tools and alerts priorities but have not found any way to silence other than just muting my system which I would rather not do. Is there a simple way to disable the alert or edit the script so the alert is silenced?

Please see zip file attached and below is a paste of the alarm segment copied from the ninjascript editor.

this.BarBrushes[CurrentBar - highBar] = SellColor;
    this.CandleOutlineBrushes[CurrentBar - highBar] = SellColor;
    Alert("ss_sell_a", Priority.Medium, "Scalper Sell", null, 5, Brushes.White, Brushes.Red);
    trend = -1;
    paintBar = highBar + 1;
    hightoBeat = -1;
    lowtoBeat = double.MaxValue;
    triggerPriceBuy = double.MaxValue;
    triggerPriceSell = -1;
    highBar = 1;
    possibleHigh = -2;

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
    Attached Files

Hello jrp2099,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

The example you are posting and the code you have attached uses the Alert() method. One of the parameters is a sound file to which it appears you have "null" assigned to it. With null assigned, there should be no sound associated.

I have installed the indicator and run it on several instruments and see several alerts generated in the alert window but have not heard a sound.

Is it possible that some other indicator is issuing the sound?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alarm Overload

Thanks for the quick response Paul. That's really strange as to be sure and before posting, I created a workspace with a single chart and put only that indicator on it. I closed all other Workspaces and the alerts were constant.

Any other thoughts? Can alerts be triggered from scripts that were opened previously even if the workspace is closed?

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Alerts can be triggered from workspaces that are open but are not the visible one.

Did the indicator previously have a sound file associated with it and you changed some of the coding? If so have your "compiled" the code and then reloaded the indicator?

Comment

Paul,

No, I haven't tried to edit anything and have isolated it to the indicator I sent previously even though you said the alert script was set to null it. Also, I'm sure it's that indicator as I eliminated all others and toggled the culprit on and off. Is it possible to set up a remote session to solve my problem?

Thanks,
          Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send an e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com. In the subject line put Atten:Paul and a link to this thread. In the e-mail advise your phone number, time zone, and advise what times you are available today.

Comment

Hello Paul,

Sorry I was busy all day yesterday however I'm good now. I rechecked everything and I found one chart that I thought I disabled the alert on but it was enabled so now I'm able to see the alert window and all is quiet again. Thanks for all your help.

Jeff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post r68cervera  
              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes