Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple monitor, multiple simultaneous view-able work spaces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi please ask you developers for the following support. (Please pass this info on to them).
    More information:
    This is how I wish to use NT8, but currently can't, because only one work space can be viewed at a time......
    I am a day trader.
    I watch presently 4 different symbols, but that may be increased to 6 in time.
    I have one work space with one chart of each symbol as an overview, so I can see at a glance if any of these markets are in a position that interests me. I tend to look at this first thing in the morning then only occasionally through the day.
    I have one dedicated work space for each of the 4 symbols with about 6 charts in each.
    I currently only have 2 monitors, but I am adding another 2, to make a total of 4. This is so I have enough screens to view 2 work spaces. The idea is to be able to trade 2 markets at a time. So I would have one work space across 2 monitors, and another work space with a different symbol across the other 2 monitors.

The way NT8 currently is, to achieve this with 4 symbols, I would have to have 6 work spaces instead of 4. Each with 2 different symbols. So that there would be a work space with any combination of 2 of the 4 symbols. Then, because I draw support and resistance lines on my 2 longer term charts for each symbol, I would have to go through and update all the other same charts in other work spaces. This approach is very labour intensive.
    I am sure I am not the only one facing this challenge.

Thanks,
    Ken.

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your reply,

Regarding the issue itself, you are able to have any number of charts open in a single workspace. While certain items like switching workspaces won't be available with this, all charts could be viewed at the same time.

Regarding the drawing objects, you can go to Tools > Options > General. Select the box for "Global drawing objects across workspaces" > Press OK. This will make it so all glowbal drawing objects will show up across all workspaces so they only need to be drawn once. See the below section of our help guide for more on global drawing objects.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...DrawingObjects

Let me know if this resolves the issue, otherwise I can certainly forward you note regarding the feature request.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jclose
    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM