Windows Stuck off Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Stuck off Screen

I've had some issues with this build going from a 2 screen display to my laptop screen. In particular, the data box window and the playback controls were stuck off-screen and I couldn't move them back.

Nothing I could do would get them to show up on the screen and I had to return to my two screen setup to move them into position.

Furthermore, The Control-Centre has stopped remembering its "Always on Top" setting, and every time Ninjatrader starts the control centre is no longer on top.

Also finding that dialog boxes opened from the chart right-click almost always appear off screen
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello reach4thelasers,

Can you please proceed as follows. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down and navigate to the folder below.

Windos start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces folder

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the Data Box and Playback control appear on your single monitor as well as dialog boxes.

Subsequently if you now enable 'Always on top' for the Control Center, save the workspace and restart NinjaTrader, do you still have 'Always on top' enabled?
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jason,

deleting that file didn't do anything. Still got the same issues.

Comment

Hello reach4thelasers,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email. Please send the email to "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[dot]com" and put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=101164' in the subject header.

In addition, please send me the workspace. You can find workspaces at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces. Please attach the .xml file in your email as well.

Comment

I'm having this exact same issue and it is incredibly annoying as I cannot get it back on screen, even in safe mode. The playback has just disappeared somewhere apparently never to be seen again. Not sure what else to try.

Comment

This is all very interesting. Randomly , I get a message on Opening Ninja that a window is located off Screen and would I like to have it moved on Screen. Several times I have gone thru and verified that no window is located out of view or even overlapping any borders. I click ok anyway. But I randomly still get the warning.

Comment

There's another post here where I posted about using the window key +cursor key to move it back. Hold windows key and hit cursor left until it shows up.

Comment

I often get the "Window off screen" message with no windows off screen. I click yes and all the windows title bars flicker a bit but nothing else. This feature doesn't bring the Playback controls or databox windows into view though. The only way I found to get them back is to go back to my multi-monitor setup. I lose the databox and Playback controls going from desktop multi-screen to laptop screen.

Comment

The only way I managed now to fix it is by manually changing the resolution on one of my monitors until I find the one it was on and then I can move the playback where I want.

Comment

Hello reach4thelasers,

Could you please send me a message at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to setup a remote session. I like to further investigate why those windows do not come back in display for you. Put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=101164' in the subject header.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
                        Also finding that dialog boxes opened from the chart right-click almost always appear off screen
                        Hello,

I have the exact same issue like this all the time! Is there any solution for this now?

Thank you for your answer!

Comment

Hello snbence,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2244106 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
                          Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                            There's another post here where I posted about using the window key +cursor key to move it back. Hold windows key and hit cursor left until it shows up.
                            A variation on this (if it is in original post referred to, apologies) if you haven't got a ScoobyDoo where the offending Window is - hence don't know which way to 'arrow' and without having to change screen resolutions to hunt the pesky little blighter down - get the offender active by ALT+Tab or clicking its Taskbar icon, Shift+Right-click its Taskbar icon to bring up the Context Menu and choose Move. Now the secret sauce - If you hit a keyboard arrow then move your mouse slightly, the offending Window will jump to where your mouse is located (i.e. you don't need to know where your Window was relative to your Desktop, nor hence which way to move it, and don't have to wait for it to 'travel' back to your screen)
                            KR

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                            1 response
                            1 like
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                            Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes