Historical data doesn't show up in chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data doesn't show up in chart

Hi, I downloaded Historical data yesterday, and I can see I have data from 2007 until 2017, but somehow when I open the chart, it only shows the last few days.
    I tried right click and 'reload all historical data' on chart, but it says reload, and then nothing happened, please help.
    Attached Files

Hello ,

Thank you for your post,

This is because of the Days to Load setting with in the chart. To request additional data on the chart, right click on the background and and select Data Series > increase the Days to Load > Press OK.

Below, I've included a link to our help guide's section that goes over Charting.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tml?charts.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same issue, experienced after migrating from NT7. I have tried exporting and importing data from NT7, re-renaming the data file, etc...nothing seems to work. The data is there but the chart is missing it for a certain period. Specifically for NIFTY on SGX.

I wonder if the problem is for user-created instruments because the NIFTY in the NT8 instrument list doesn't load live quotes from IB, saying the symbol mapping is incorrect, although it was working fine in NT7. So I created my own instrument NIFTYSGX, which does work with real time quotes, but the historical data does not migrate or import well.

Incidentally, I am using NT 8.07.0 64-bit.
      Last edited by Tradersam; 06-09-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Hello Tradersam,

Thank you for your post.

Can you elaborate further on what is occurring after Migrating? This should be able to move the historical data data.

https://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-8-MigrationGuide

To confirm, are you experiencing data gaps throughout the historical data you are able to access? Or is data only recent and goes back only a few days? If so, try requesting additional historical data.

The previous post was regarding only recent data not being able to be seen, so requesting additional data would resolved this (right click on the chart > Data Series > Days to Load).

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

The migration went fine but I suspect something is not working well for user-created instruments. These are the only instances when the data is patchy. It is not something that can be fixed by reloading more historical data. For some reason, even though the data is present as seen in the db folder (minute), the chart loads only some.

So for instance, when I launched yesterday the real time feed started working for my user-created NIFTYSGX (because the NIFTY instrument in the NT8 list, while able to load historical data, did not update in real time, giving me the error message that symbol was incorrectly mapped). The attached shows the way the historical data has been uploaded. It goes back to around February then nothing.

Re-loading doesn't change anything even after exporting from NT7, importing here, or exporting what is already here and re-importing.

I even tried re-naming the config file to config.old and trying the migration again but no change.

So, in summary, the DB folder has all the data for May 25-Jun 9 but only loads a portion.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tradersam; 06-09-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Hello Tradersam,

Thank you for your reply and extra information.

To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please test the NIFTY that comes installed with NinjaTrader.

If you still see the same issues, can you please post a screen shot of the Instrument settings you are using for real-time data? Please insure to include the Symbol map.

Comment

I have done as you suggested. The Nifty that comes loaded in NT is using NSE (National Stock Exch in India) and not the SGX. Because I don't subscribe to NSE data, while the historical loads ok, it doesn't update in real time.

As such, I was required to create new instrument for SGX. I tried loading this again after the Instrument Update and the results using IB data are now worse in terms of historical data as in attached.

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Within TWS, if you right click on the NIFTY you viewing and select Contract info > Description, what is listed above for the name? I think likely you are viewing the CNX Nifty Index, which does not appear to be the same contract as setup in NinjaTrader, Nifty 50. The symbol map will likely need to be edited in order for data to be received correctly.

First, shutdown NinjaTrader and clear the data cache.

To clear the cache, please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

I suggest next removing the NIFTY that comes installed with NinjaTrader via Instruments.

Next, within the NIFTY instrument settings you have created, go to the symbol map and enter ||||2

To type the "||||" use the key that is above your Enter button, this a a pipe symbol or a vertical line; the key also has the "\" symbol as well. If you still see the same or an error, try removing an | symbol, testing reloading the chart until only one pipe symbol remains.

Comment

I have tried as you suggested but no luck -- in fact have gone backwards in progress. I can't even get the new instrument to be selected by NT8. As such, I can't test any of the variations of ||||2.

The other confusion is what is the correct symbol from IB? Is it NIFTY or IN? I have tried both but when NT8 won't select the instrument (acts as if it isn't even there)...

Any new tips welcome.

Many thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi...I wanted to advise that I uninstalled and re-installed NT8 and allowed the system to migrate the old data. I have have managed to get it to work for now. Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Comment

not getting any 6e data on nt7 9/17 ....did everything below

Comment

Hello neilzep,

Thank you for your post,

To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
                        2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                        3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
                        4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

If you still see the same, I suggest contacting tour broker to verify that the real-time data is enabled for this market.

Comment

I cant reset, disconnect either. I put a new built of NT too.

It says only I adaptor can be running at one time when I try to connecto , I cant go into resetting instruments. Its frozen with Fridays chart,last time I used nt

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

You will likely need to close NinjaTrader via the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete).

To resolve the error, please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
                            Note: This will not remove any settings, workspaces or data.
                            First, go to Help > License key and copy your key and save it in as safe location, such as your desktop.

1. Close NInjaTrader

2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove.

4. Once these steps are completed, download from the link below:

5. http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes