Strategy Tick Count Automatically Changing on Strategy Restarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Tick Count Automatically Changing on Strategy Restarts

For some reason, if my desktop gets disconnected from the servers and my strategies all restart, all strategies time frame will be changed to a single amount of ticks. Suppose I have 6 identical strategies running on 6 instruments, but on 3 different time frames (ticks). Suppose the last strategy I entered to run in the window I am running on 2500 tick time frame, and the others are 4000 and 600. If the computer disconnects or if the strategies restart for any reason, they will ALL be changed to the 2500 tick time frame for no apparent reason.

This also happens when I highlight all the strategies, right click, and try to enable them all. The time frame tick count I last put in for a strategy is automatically applied to all strategies.

This started happening to me two days ago, on the big instrument rollover day.

There has to be some kind of unintended behavior going on here. It makes no sense for this to happen. If I lose connection for any reason, half or more of my strategies get completely thrown out of whack due to being run on the wrong time frame. This is a major problem for my trading.

Please help!

Hello liquid150,

Thank you for your post.

This would not be expected behavior at all. Can you send me your log and trace files so I may look into this further? Do you recall the most recent times specifically that this occurred?

You can send your log and trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and please reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello liquid150,

Thank you for your post.

This would not be expected behavior at all. Can you send me your log and trace files so I may look into this further? Do you recall the most recent times specifically that this occurred?

You can send your log and trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and please reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.
      Hi Patrick,

Files sent. Thanks for looking in to this.

The most recent times that this specifically occurred are probably around 7:30 AM CST when I woke up and found my strategies all set to the same time frame. There are probably some artifacts of this occurring in the log around that time, when I was resetting everything to its proper time frame.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leafcutter  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WHICKED