Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-malware Software Ransomware Warning Crashed NT8

Hello,

I had Ninjatrader 8 running and then all of a sudden it crashed and my Malwarebytes software popped up a message saying that it just quarantined Ransomware.

I then went into the quarantine area of the Malwarebytes software and it showed the quarantined path as follows:

C:\Program Files(x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe

I then tried to launch NT8 and a window came up that said:

'Please wait while Windows configures NinjaTrader 8'

Then another window came up that said:

'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.'

I could not launch NT8.

Screenshots attached.

What should I do at this point?
    Attached Files

With Antivirus software you need to create an exception for Ninjatrader. I believe I read this recommendation from Ninja somewhere.

Comment

Hi JerryWar,

Yes, I was thinking to do that.

But I'm not familiar with what malware can do. Can a hacker put a malware program into a Ninjatrader 8 folder, after I visited a virus infected website or was browsing online?

I hired a programmer to create a NT8 indicator for me a short while back; could they have created a ransom-ware program to install into NT8 after a period of time has passed?

I just want to be sure that I don't do anything that will allow a ransom-ware program to install on my computer, as that would be my worst nightmare.

Should I delete Ninjatrader 8 from my Malwarebytes Quarantined files list, and then add NT8 as an exception directory?

What specifically is safe to do at this time?

Comment

I can't tell you what to do , but I can give you one added piece of advise going forward.
        1) Don't use your trading computer for browsing or emails, it is for your trading business only. Set those items up on a laptop of something.
        2) Don't use the built-in Mail to support. They send your License ID in the clear thru the email
        and it will appear in every backnforth email with them about that topic. Just look at the subject line
        and you will see your license ID if you have ever done this.
        3) If I were you I would be Clearing off this drive and reinstalling everything except the browser and Email. Reconfigure your virus scanner to notch out the Ninjatrader folders. There is nothing wrong with on a set schedule scanning the Ninja folders but you definitely don't want that in Real Time.

I hope this helps. Others might have some additional thoughts on how they handle their machines. I would be interested in this as well.

Comment

Hi JerryWar,

Thanks for the advice.

I am overwhelmed with things to do at this time, so I probably will not format my hard drive and then reinstall all the programs.

But what about uninstalling NT8 and reinstalling it, would you do that instead, if you decided not to format your computer?

Then would you delete the quarantined file and add NT8 to the Malwarebytes exclusion list?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thanks for posting.

I can confirm that we recommend adding an exception for NinjaTrader and its two directories to prevent interference from any antivirus programs. Based on your screenshot, it looks like the NinjaTrader.exe file was identified as a "false positive" for malware. I can confirm that this .exe file would not be malicious, but antivirus programs can identify unknown .exe files as potentially malicious.

NinjaTrader's directories are as follows:

C: -> Program Files (x86) -> NinjaTrader 8

Documents -> NinjaTrader 8
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the info.

I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post