Volume Zone indicator code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Zone indicator code

I am trying to modify the Volume Zone code so that it is more than the default 20-rows as well as to make it update in real-time. Where can I get the original code to get started?

I did see this but it is NT7 - http://nigel-forex.blogspot.com/2016...s-default.html

Has anybody made the modifications to make it real-time with higher number of rows for NT8? Thanks.

Hello jjones431,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

The indicator VolumeZones is a NinjaTrader provided indicator and it can be found in your NinjaTrader by using the Ninjascript editor.

The indicator is a real time indicator only in NT7. In NT8 it is also real time and you can also use "TickReplay" feature (assuming your data provider supports historical tick data) to create the historical view which is what is missing when you look at the indicator in NT7.

Based on your description though, I suspect what you are really wanting to see is the VolumeProfile. VolumeProfile is also a NinjaTrader Indicator in both NT7 and NT8, where in NT7 it is real time only and in NT8 it is real time and can include historical data via tick replay feature.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi guys, where can I find detail info how Volume Zones indicator calculates and summarize volumes? How it defines specific level for horizontal bar? By using closing level of each OHLC bar?

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thanks for your post.

You can view the code for the VolumeZones indicator in the Ninjascript editor.

It will work with whichever price type you specify and by default will work with the close data.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
          Hello alexstox,

Thanks for your post.

You can view the code for the VolumeZones indicator in the Ninjascript editor.

It will work with whichever price type you specify and by default will work with the close data.
          So, it's not a sum of volumes, it only counts the number of volume bars.

Comment

It is a sum of volumes. The volumes of the bars that closed in the given zone. Send me a message if you are still interested in the barCount tweak.

Comment

Hola chico_regular te agradezco si me puedes enviar el script para aumentar el numero de Bar Count de Volumen Zones para NT8

Comment

Hey diecas16, sure, please find the updated Volume Zones indicator with max 100 zones now attached.

me debes un trago
                chico_regular
                Attached Files

Comment

chico_regular eres el mejor, mil gracias, te invito el trago, pero en mi ciudad: Bienvenido a Medellín

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post nandhumca  
                  Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post The_Sec