Strategy Builder not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder not working

Hello, on clicking New/Strategy Builder, I get the following error message: "Uncompilable NinjaScript": Ninjascript must be in a compilable state to create or edit strategies. Please use the NinjaScript Editor to resolve compilation issues...

Please help. I don't have any scripts with compile errors.
    Thanks.

Please clarify - have you already compiled your NinjaScript in the NinjaScript Editor to ensure there are no compile errors?

Here are the steps:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Thank you Patrick.
      I don't know if it was a bug in 8.0.6, but when I started following your recommendations, I saw some CS errors pointing to the sample strategies. I decided at that point to upgrade to 8.0.7 and the issue disappeared.
      Thanks again.

Comment

RE:Strategy Builder not Working!!

Ok..I just restarted again and found the error appeared again. This error appears to be associated with the Sample strategies that came with Ninja. It's not referencing any particular file. Can this please be resolved? I've never seen this problem before...CS1703 and CS1704 errors. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

I suspect their is an issue with your configuration file. Please rename your configuration file. This will require you to reconfigure your connections, any necessary references for your custon NinjaScript, and some other settings from within Tools > Options.

If this does not resolve the issue, we can always reverse these steps:
          • Shut down NinjaTrader
          • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8
          • Rename 'config.xml' (may only say 'config') to 'OLDconfig.xml'.
          • Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

I got the same error. Unfortunately, none of the ideas above work. However I relized that if you transfer a strategy file to a folder bin/Custom/Strategies from a different computer (NT8 instance) you get that message error. Get rid of the files you transfered and the strategy builder will work again.
            Last edited by Radano; 04-26-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Hello Radano,

Thanks for your post.

Glad you were able to resolve it.

The best process to go through is as identified in Post#2. From that process, you would see what script (file) actually has the errors and can resolve by excluding or removing the script which is ultimately what you did.

Once all errors are corrected, the strategy builder can be used.

The reason for mentioning this is you may get a situation where the strategy builder file is NOT the issue and by following the steps in post #2 you would be able to identify which file has the error and can correct it from there. The common element here is that ALL source code files are compiled together at the same time and an error in ANY file will prevent compilation and thus prevent the strategy builder from running.
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes