Where are my workspace templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are my workspace templates?

Hi I want to backup my NT8 workspace and chart templates. I looked in the NT8 folder in the program file area but found none.

Wonering where they could be?

thanks

Originally posted by lindsayf View Post
    Hi I want to backup my NT8 workspace and chart templates. I looked in the NT8 folder in the program file area but found none.

Wonering where they could be?

thanks
    \Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

lindsayf,

Thanks for posting.

RJay would be correct on the location of your Workspace files, Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> workspaces. You can also create a backup archive of your NinjaTrader 8 installation using the below steps:

-Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
      -Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
      -Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
      -Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.

-Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
      -Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
      -Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
      -Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:
      Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know this is an older topic, but it came up near the top in google search, so I wanted to add a tip.

If you REMOVE a workspace without realizing that this is different from CLOSING it (braindead moment),
        NT8 is nice enough to put the deleted workspace XML file into the Windows Recycle Bin.

So you can restore it from the WRB, and restart NT8, and the workspace will appear in the list of available workspaces again !

Comment

Hello balltrader,

Thank you for your note.

For your inquiry, you would need to put it in the correct file path, which I have listed below:
          • Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces
          Make sure NinjaTrader is closed before manipulating files.

There is another way of restoring the Workspace from within the NinjaTrader platform. I have added those steps below:

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:
          If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
          1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
          2. Select "Restore workspace"
          3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
          4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
          5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:
          Alternatively, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
          1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
          2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
          3. Press the "Restore" button
          4. Select the items you wish to restore

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:
          To help prevent loss, please ensure to create regular backups.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
          1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
          2. Right-click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
          3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
          4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti-virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
          • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
          • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH