Some charts don't load on strategy analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some charts don't load on strategy analyzer

I backtest a strategy with ~40 stocks (equities) over a specified date range, e.g. 6/1/17 to 6/6/17. Sometimes 4 or 5 instruments will only load the last date of that date range and miss all the other days. I found 2 workarounds so far:

1. pull up a new chart and "preload" all those charts that did not get all the days loaded, then I run the strategy again, and voila, all dates are properly loaded.

2. restart NT

I usually prefer #1 as the faster route, but the more tests I run, the more the NT backtesting performance degrades, and I end up with my entire list unable to load all days. Then I'll have to resort to option 2.

This is super frustrating.

How can this be fixed?

Hello Ocean Zhang,

Thank you for your post.

This is unexpected behavior you are seeing in the Strategy Analyzer. Can you advise who you connect to for data? Can you also advise if you are running the backtest on the 40+ stocks while running charts or other windows with other instruments?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I tried it with both TD Ameritrade and IB, the only 2 that support equities on NT. Both have the same problems. I don't run any other programs on the PC that's doing the testing. No other activities are going on within NT. The only time I run other charts is when I'm forced to do so as stated above - to preload chart data.

I've tried this on 4 different computers and 1 viritual server, all with the same result.

Forex instrument lists seem to always work fine. Only equities have this behavior.

Comment

Hello Ocean Zhang,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

thanks for your response. I sent the email from ocean at babytown com, but I forgot to reference you on the email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post spwizard  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238