Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K Screen Support - Text and Indicators are Tiny

Hello

I am using a 4k screen and everything in NT8 is tiny, the load screen is tiny, and any indicators I add to the charts are tiny, some I can change settings and make the text size much bigger (30), this can then be seen. However, many markers such as dots and other graphics that show as part of indicators are barely visible. I dont have this issue in NT7.

Thanks

Do you have a standard HD monitor as well? If so, does NinjaTrader 8 appear as expected on that monitor?

What is resolution of your 4K monitor?
    What are the zoom settings of your 4K monitor?

You can check both of these by right-clicking on your desktop > Display settings. Here is a screenshot example:

Comment

Can you not just reset the Resolution and/or Scaling (via Windows/10) on the UHD monitor? Something like 150% (text) should be Ok. I'd be quite concerned if NinjaTrader does not "support" 4k screens, which are quite popular and getting cheaper every day.

Comment

NinjaTrader does not officially support 4K resolutions, but I agree that adjusting display settings would likely mitigate issues.

Comment

NT Support, I would be very interested if you could clarify any known or potential issue with using 4k monitors. I was in fact just yesterday sorting out an order for a new workstation, including 4k monitors! My reasoning was for the better clarity and higher density, i.e. I can get more data in the same space potentially, if I wanted. I came across this post by chance. If NT does not scale common gui components etc suitable for the much higher resolution, I would have to reconsider. Glad to have found this before I checked out the basket, which was on my to-do for today!

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 was not designed for 4K monitors and has not been tested on 4K monitors, so we cannot definitely say what will and will not occur when 4K monitors are in use.

Often times unexpected behavior is seen when using multiple monitors with multiple resolutions and/or DPI settings. However, it seems various clients have been using 4K monitors with little or no issues reported. If all monitors are using the same resolution and DPI settings, you may find you experience no adverse behavior. There should be no harm testing in sim for any unexpected display items to see if it will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              NinjaTrader 8 was not designed for 4K monitors and has not been tested on 4K monitors, so we cannot definitely say what will and will not occur when 4K monitors are in use.

Often times unexpected behavior is seen when using multiple monitors with multiple resolutions and/or DPI settings. However, it seems various clients have been using 4K monitors with little or no issues reported. If all monitors are using the same resolution and DPI settings, you may find you experience no adverse behavior. There should be no harm testing in sim for any unexpected display items to see if it will work for you.
              Thanks. Given a large (and rapidly growing) segment of new monitors now will be 4k capable, can I suggest NT put it on their to do for testing and improvement, pretty soonish? If you buy a new higher end setup now, great likelihood it will be 4k capable. Any guidance NT can give prior, will save clients, potentially, expensive mistakes.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2307. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-01-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Voting too.

And Win 10 fonts scaling not working on my side.
                  fx.practic
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Hello fx.practic,

Thank you for your post.

I have added your vote to the Feature Request. The internal tracking number is SFT-2307. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.
                    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add me to the list as well. If one of my monitors craps out, I'm sure not going to replace it with HD if I can get a 4K for a reasonable price and don't want NT to hold me back, since I use NT daily. Thanks

Comment

"If all monitors are using the same resolution and DPI settings..." FWIW that's what I do, without ANY problems in this regard (6x4k + 1xQHD).
                        If mixing, however, what I'd suggest you want, to ease the path, is to have all the same screen PPI. 43" 4k and 26" QHD are the same screen PPI, I chose 43" over 42" 4k specifically for that reason. 42" 4k is not, 42", 43", 46", 50" can all be 4k but different PPI. KISS.

WIN 10 was a bit flaky & fiddly to begin with in scaling and stuff, text sizing in title bars, that kind of thing, but has gradually improved and for me with multiple monitors & screen sizes & NT8, it 'just works'.

FWIW

Comment

Thanks for the contribution, brucerobinson

I've added your vote, bortz

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2307.

Comment

Added, caveat_lector .

I will continue to add votes as they come in, however, I will no longer be making confirmation posts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Yesterday, 09:37 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by firefoxforum12, Yesterday, 08:53 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH