4K Screen Support - Text and Indicators are Tiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it appears too tiny, there are two ways to remedy:
    1. use a bigger monitor. my 42" is a lot easier to read then my 28".
    2. when possible, make use of the indicator setting to change the size as u mentioned. somehow, I think NT7 and NT8 behave the same in this aspect.

Comment

Please add me to this feature request. I just purchased 4K monitors and the gridlines are too tiny.

Update: I was able to get somewhat of a work around by changing the DPI scaling on the NinjaTrader 8 app itself.

See screenshot.Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-18 131220.png
Views:	740
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1090922
      Last edited by manxtrader75; 03-18-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manxtrader75 View Post
        Please add me to this feature request. I just purchased 4K monitors and the gridlines are too tiny.

Update: I was able to get somewhat of a work around by changing the DPI scaling on the NinjaTrader 8 app itself.

See screenshot

Could you please add some more details?

Is the monitor being run in 4K resolution or some other resolution?

Are you using Windows 10 scaling (I think 150% is default).

Does it work fine after your adjustments?

thanks!

Comment

Hello,
          Given that this issue has been around for 2 years, there is no indication of it being resolved or timescale, and that 4k monitors are increasingly available, prevalent and desired by users I would like to suggest NinjaTrader Support meantime fills in the gap of failing to address support for 4k monitors by writing up a 'Sticky' or video on how to overcome any issues using 4k monitors. The vast majority of users are on Win10 now, and for me it 'just works' once you address scaling, combining different resolutions etc.. There are some minor issues such as Line arrowhead scaling but nothing that should put a user off going 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
            Hello,
            Given that this issue has been around for 2 years, there is no indication of it being resolved or timescale, and that 4k monitors are increasingly available, prevalent and desired by users I would like to suggest NinjaTrader Support meantime fills in the gap of failing to address support for 4k monitors by writing up a 'Sticky' or video on how to overcome any issues using 4k monitors. The vast majority of users are on Win10 now, and for me it 'just works' once you address scaling, combining different resolutions etc.. There are some minor issues such as Line arrowhead scaling but nothing that should put a user off going 4k.
            aviat72 - the NT8 app itself doesn't scale properly on 4K monitors. To overcome this, you manually set the scaling on the NT8 per my screenshot. Then, in NT8, you set the vertical right scale to Range - auto, Horizontal grid lines - Fixed (1pt). This provides a better view to see a one point scale on the chart.
            I don't like changing the Window's scaling because I have four beautiful 4K monitors and 1 would look out of place (like a child played with the resolution). Note, the default scaling is 100%.

As brucerobinson stated, the issue needs to be fixed by NT developers to properly scale the app on 4k monitors or at least sticky something for users as to the provide a workaround until NT fixes the root cause.

​​​​​​​Hope that helps!

Comment

Please sign me up for the 4k monitor fix SFT-2307 as well. I just installed a Samsung 43" 4K monitor. My complaint is that the Ninjatrader Chart windows can Maximize to the full screen but are limited when making the chart window smaller but larger than max of my laptop. There seems to be a maximum size that might be relative to my laptop monitor resolution but like I mentioned will go full screen on the 4k monitor but nothing in between. When I try to make it taller or wider the Chart window will move after its max size is reached. I sure would like to know if this is a windows or Ninjatrader problem?

Comment

MartinT, if you read through this thread, other users have provided their feedback on experiences with 4K and their NinjaTrader configuration along with the hardware necessary to use 4K resolution without issue.

I've added your vote to SFT-2307.

Comment

Please add my vote to have support for 4K Monitor.

Comment

If one of my monitors fails, I’m sure I won’t replace it with HD, if I can get 4K for it at an affordable price and I don’t want NT to hold me back, because I use NT every day. thanks. https://crackingthecodinginterview.co
                    Last edited by williamshenry; 07-23-2020, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Ok, I have found while using a 4K monitor that I can resize the chart windows tall or wider than my native laptop max size. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Add my vote for native 4k support in NT8 Patrick. Thanks

Comment

Add my vote to, thx
                          sidlercom80
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Add my vote also!

Comment

Please add my vote for 4K resolution support!

Comment

Add my vote please

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                                0 responses