Collapse

Make chart refresh rate faster than 250ms possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add my vote. I have been experiencing lag the past week on both the ES electronic session and the 6A futures. (I do use tick replay as I have indicators that need it).

Comment

Add my vote for a user-configurable (+/- 250ms) chart refresh rate, separately configurable for each chart window. (SFT-1536)

Comment

KennyK if you're experiencing lag, allowing configuration/reduction of chart rendering update speed would not help - it would actually exacerbate the issue. If your charts can't keep up with 250ms, they would certainly not be able to keep up if the speed was faster. We'll need more information about your NinjaTrader configuration to find the root cause. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2002588 ATTN PatrickG
        Added, Lancer

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-1536.

Comment

Please add my vote as well. There is a significant issue with any simple chart where you load the Order Flow Market Depth Map. The real time bid ask depths that can be displayed on the right side of the chart should be the same as what you can see in the DOM but they can seriously lag. In the last week I have seen a depth of 600 in the DOM drop to 200 but the depth map took a few seconds to reflect that change. This makes any attempt to time an entry almost impossible. Realistically any chart with the depth map indicator loaded needs to be very fast if one is to trade from its information

Comment

Read posting #6 here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...nterval-in-nt8

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2300 View Post
                Thanks for the link. I will certainly investigate tick refresh to see what it does on my setup. I own the Jigsaw platform also and their market depth chart is extremely fast in displaying when people are pulling or stacking bids and offers. NT8 currently simply doesn't come anywhere close on the speed of updating inside bids and offers.

Comment

Ok, my blood is boiling...another love/HATE relationship day with NT, and now NT8. Sorry for this rant....I've spent countless hours setting up my NT8 trading platform, and yes, shame on me, I used a few outside indicators. Only to find once again that due to poor choices made in coding/design, this thread is available. UGH!!! No resolution. So after no less than 5 calls with tech support, they convince me I need to off load all my outside indy's to find out which one is causing me the problem in lag. I do that, destroying all my work. Now have to go find all those indies and once again start loading, one by one. And I am not a coder. So presently I'm in a state where I don't have several key things I was relying on in my trading! Of course, I happen to use Market Profile, and NT8 Development puts it out there, so you would think they'd have perfected it (Order Flow Volume Profile, with the profile type set to Price/Letters) . It runs like a hog, but to get accurate values, you MUST check "Tick" resolution. And then there's tech support saying I don't have enough juice...yet this is the exact same loop I went through when I bought the most advanced computer possible, same loop with NT Dev coding, back then. I get a Falcon tech on line, and he says my computer does NOT need replacing, plenty of juice. THEN, last night I download the latest NT update....HUGE mistake, my Market Profile / Volume Profile no longer works for the current day, and I did not change a thing, as it did work yesterday (albeit the proverbial lag this entire thread is about!). Another call with Tech support, after sending the email only option (which absolutely SUCKS from a customer service standpoint, but of course they are not changing) complete trading day disaster, thanks to NT...miss my room that I'm in, miss the morning session, all as I wait for another call...God I love NT, I absolutely love NT, I will not cuss, I will not cuss. I firmly believe, that IF ONLY NT Development could: A) FIX this lag problem, so that all users herein, IF their computer had enough horsepower, and their settings are correct, CAN REPORT back, YES, this newest version of NT8 FREAKING WORKS GREAT (as other vendor(s) are able to do, i.e. Sierra or this latest AWESOME PATCH suggested herein), and B) FIX the Market Profile/ Volume Profile, to work as it is designed, i.e. like the methodology is supposed to (see next sentence), THEN dang, I'd love to help NT SELL MORE licenses, and even train people on it!!! Do you think one could get Development to cooperate with that basic helpful request, by giving me a call??? I also spent hours preparing a draft of all the fine points for NT to get their act together and really have a GOOD Market Profile solution, but now with the core issue of this thread, have I wasted more precious time? Ps. I am not dinging NT tech support, because they are good people, trying their best does their best, but NT really does need someone to help you deliver customer service more efficiently/effectively based on feedback/listening. God, please advise!

Comment

ghman101 , to clarify, this thread is discussing the hard-coded rendering speed of a chart and potential solutions for that. What you're referring to and experiencing seems unrelated to this thread.

we've reached out to you via email to continue the conversation we had with you this morning. Please check your email.

Comment

I highly recommend ghman101 you look at Sierrachart.com - I have moved to them from NT 8. NT 8 is a waste of time.
                      C++ scripting language.
                      It is VERY FAST and can SCALE. Unlike NT 8.
                      It's also cheaper for data. My monthly cost is 60% less.

Comment

Thanks very much @mmeniger ! I have been putting in a ton of time on it, and still frustrated. I'm on my last stand, and if it doesn't get there, I'm done. My only problem is I'm a lifetime user so it hurts a LOT. What does Scale mean, I'm sorry, I just want to be sure. Does it have on-chart trading? Again, thank you very much for your input.

Comment

3 years, many many added to vote....still no fix from NT. Im ready to change brokers and platform.

Comment

#Johnny S - FWIW FYI I've used TickRefresh on fast tick charts without problems for months. In combination with ChartTimeLag updating every second. Silky smooth charts, no lag, under all market conditions. Many (simple) charts. I took TickRefresh off - I'd forgotten how bad it is, like watching a 1920's movie. Flawed thinking by whoever made the decision for 250ms. Also deaf apparently.
                            Not seeking to influence your decision, only to give you the info. Applies to my Setup only, of course.

#ghman101 I interpret (from the history on here) by SCALE #mmeninger meant is to establish your preferred instrument setup - charts, order flow, market profile, whatever floats your boat, then duplicate as many times as you like for more instruments, stocks whatever with minimal hit to performance i.e. it 'runs light'

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                              i.e. it 'runs light'
                              Yep certainly does. Just works - light, stable and fast.

Originally posted by Tremblinghandtrader View Post
                              Add my vote too. Though feel like its a wasted effort. The changes that make the most sense and have the most need to be fixed are the ones that NT always fail to implement and never give feed back on.
                              I'm amazed this is still going on. It was the final nail in the coffin for me and NT even after using for 10 odd years. My +1 was back at post #22..... 3 years ago. And didn't hold out much hope then that they were listening!

But I'm strangely thankful now.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
                                For info, I'm not sure we can use this indicator to save resources on charts that do not need refresh very often. As far as I understand it, it does not overwrite the inbuilt 250ms timer, so that will run regardless, if there are chart updates to be made. I;m not expecting to have to go to these lengths anyway, to be honest.
                                First I want to say thank you so much for this fix. It's amazing and works perfectly. Do you know of a way to fix the market replay playing back at once per second? Please take a look at my forum post with video examples. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...video-included

I'm asking you because this seems like a similar issue that can be fixed with the same type of indicator.
                                Last edited by Johnny Santiago; 04-30-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                                6 responses
                                2 likes
                                Last Post ultls
                                by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes