Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokerage Connection Types

Hi there,
    I would like to understand the connection type of two brokers (both using Ninja's PhillipCapital FCM).

For Rithmic, I am assuming the connection is made via either R | API+™ or R | Diamond API™, if so, which one is it? If not (and this does not make sense), would you please drop in a word as to how the connection being made here compares to the APIs?

For Continuum, I am assuming the connection is made via either FIX Connect or FIX Direct, if so, which one is it? If not (and this does not make sense), would you please drop in a word as to how the connection being made here compares to the APIs?

Thank you!

Pedro

We use R|API for Rithmic. We use Continuum Trader API (proprietary API) for Continuum. Could you go into more detail about what you'd like to know about these connections and what functionality you're curious about?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      Thanks for the reply and apologies for my delayed response. I am trying to figure out what is the current transit time (the time just before market data is read until the time just after an order is released to an exchange based upon that reading of market data). So I am assuming this should be some overhead incurred through NinjaTrader + whatever this may be for the R | API+™? Do we have an average sense of a number range in milliseconds? Thank you.
      Pedro

Comment

I do not have any estimate on the expected transit time as this would vary wildly depending on the local quality and speed of your connection as well as your physical distance from the exchange/your broker and a few other variables which would only become apparent with testing and monitoring the transit time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji