Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we reload references?

hi,

I have some additional functionality of math tools implemented in an external C# library (dll). I add this dll to my NT strategy using References section.

If I change the code in my external library and update the dll, the strategy doesn't pick up the latest changes. (since the dll has already been loaded in GAC). Is it possible to reload the updated dll in GAC when i recompile the strategy?

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

If the code you have is in a library that is being loaded, that would not be able to be reloaded by compiling. you would need to restart the platform to have the reference completely reloaded.

If this is a library you have the source code to, you could potentially place the code in the addons folder and then changes you make would be reflected as the source code is there just like other NinjaScript items.

Once you are complete with the code, you could move it back to the project and re-export it as a library.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the details Jesse. I have the source code to this library. I had started writing it as a part of add-on but eventually had decided against it because it contained only support functions (math utils) and nothing more.
      Could you please share a quick demo or steps on what you mean by i could keep this code in add-ons folder? Just a simple function like SMA for example.

Comment

Hello toughgetgoing,

I'm responding to you on behalf of my colleague Jesse.

The idea is to create public static methods within an AddOn so you can then reference them within your other NinjaScript strategies and indicators.

I've created a video demonstrating this: https://www.screencast.com/t/z6YP9s3OpQ

Jesse also has a sample posted that you can download and play around with: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...24&postcount=3

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim. The video was helpful. I don't see it any different from keeping all my static functions within my strategy class as well.
          The reason I was putting them in external library was so that I can create a shared library for proper source code management. I won't be able to achieve this via AddOns if it's part of NT solution. Something not in my control. As far as my use case, I cannot change the code in the referenced dll without restarting the platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes