Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling back to NT8.0.6.1 and other issues

Hello,

2 weeks ago I tried to roll back from NT8.0.7.0 to NT8.0.6.1. I first uninstalled the later version then installed the earlier version. I started getting error notices that "Database must be used with a later version of NT8" I pressed ignore and tried to work on, but found that charts were freezing, probably due to the database being incompatible with NT8.0.6.1. I eventually had to reinstall 8.0.7.

So my first question is, what is the correct way to roll back from NT8.0.7 to NT8.0.6.1.

Currently I have NT8.0.7.0 installed. It has crashed several times without any problem being highlighted in the log. Twice on 30 June 2017. In addition, the RAM rises substantially when indicators are reloaded. Also, when manually using NT draw objects for lines or arrows, trying to change the colours and or link them to charts with the same instruments, NT is freezing for long periods and the screen often going black. My experience with NT8.0.7 is worse than NT8.0.6.1, which also has these issues.Is there any chance that these issues are going to be resolved soon?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

You would want to rename the database to cause NinjaTrader to create a new one when the platform is restarted when using an older version. Please rename your database with the following steps :
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

I'm also happy to troubleshoot this behavior with you on the latest version if you would please email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170702.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Gw,you should work with nt on these issues if you ever hope to get them solved.

Are these standard indicators? Or custom? Have you connected the vendor if custom so they can fix their code?

Comment

Thanks for your responses DrewO and Sledge.

I have forwarded the trace files as requested, DrewO.

I am using both standard and custom indicators. The custom ones are from here or futures.io, with one of my own. But some of the issues occur when using the standard draw tools manually to draw a line and then change the colour and or the instruments it is linked to. I think it is part of the problem with the Onrender that they tried to solve in version 8.0.7.0, but it has only made it worse for me.
        Last edited by GeorgeW; 07-03-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Belfortbucks  
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist