Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Hardware Specs Run NT Fast?

Hey everyone.

Do any users have a hardware spec they can recommend that runs Ninjatrader really fast? I have got the Dell XPS 15 Laptop (the top of the dell range) Core i7, 32GB, GeForce GTX960. Ninjatrader is so slow I can barely use it - it seems they've solved the crashing issues at the expense of Performance.

So I'm thinking about building a kick-ass PC with one of the new Core i9s (10 Core CPU) and a High-End Graphics Card, RAID0, PCIe SSDs.

I'm just concerned that I will shell out thousands and it will still be slow. So if anyone's got a hardware spec that runs Ninjatrader really fast, can you share your specs?

Thanks,

Kev

Sounds like something you are running to hurt your performance. You should be very fine with those laptop specs. (4 core/8 thread? )

Comment

Hey Sledge!!

Yeah its a 4/8.... after I saw your reply I did a load of testing and it turns out its related to Tick charts. Other chart types perform ok. Thank god I didn't spend a fortune on a new PC just to find it had no effect although I probably will anyway as I want to try out VR I heard its amaze You ok?

Comment

I know of more than a few complaints on here from people on the other side of the pond with issues with tick/live feed hang-ups/lag. Hopefully you are gigabit internally on your network and have at least 30 Mb/s download speed? Maybe examine how slow your connection is... I'm not sure if bumping it up will help any over there - but it might be worth a try. Which router are you using? Hopefully it is something recent? And hopefully you are wired networking and not wireless. That'll hurt too. My ASUS routers perform very well.

I used 4 core/8 thread here in the states. Pretty simple setup, nothing over the top.

I have do have a i5820k desktop (6/12), with 780Ti, it does everything else I need pretty quick (but showing it's age with youtube 4k full screen). I've watched a bunch of Youtubes about x299, does appear to run pretty hot (but most of these setups are fully overclocked.) I'm kind of at a crossroad - i6950x to upgrade and pay price penalty or just build a new system. I think I'll give it another year before I build something else. Let the amd/intel war play out a little, and maybe get something more than (10/20). Maybe those extreme temps will come down a little by then.

I'm doing ok for the most part. Just not sure why I'm not getting much of an answer on this thread:

I've tested it inside and out, and it is definitely happening across multiple systems and multiple versions of NT8. I just can't convince anyone at NT of it? It is certainly frustrating. I've even provide source code to do it. I'd accept a response of - yes, we can replicate it, but can't exactly figure out how to fix it as of right now. I know this multi-threading isn't the easiest thing in the world to go to, and it's pretty amazing we've gotten this far at least.

I can't really use NT8 live though. I'm stuck on NT7 since I use TD Ameritrade. The NT8 TDA disconnects and won't reconnect at times, and at other times the stream just stops randomly.... (usually 7am). I'm going to have to program in something to notify me when this happens so I can restart it.. but there are also problems with recording data that they should be working on (I don't have tickets, but support has been able to finally reproduce as of a several weeks ago). So it's frustrating it still doesn't record properly. I'm a very serious market replay person (3.5 years of data for my setup), so having this extra TDA data recorded is very important as I have no way to source it elsewhere. (Kinetick does not have the exact same data TDA has for an some entry points that I use, so that's not an option).

And it never does hurt to treat yourself anyways with a new desktop I wonder when we will see these core wars trickle down to laptops

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post RubenCazorla  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like