delete last day historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delete last day historical data

I coded a continuous historical import on a custom symbol using my custom TextImportType which works fine for all minute bars. However there is a restriction on daily bar calculation as describe from your support

>Unfortunately the issue is a current limitation of NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 8 cannot guarantee that daily bars generated from tick data will not change when importing data this way . If you need historical daily data to remain the same, please import historical daily data instead of generating daily data from tick data.

So it is clear that the problem is the missing daily data therefore I want to delete the last days data before my imports. Can you please tell me how to delete last days data?

Hello tolisss,

Thanks for opening the thread.

Deleting historical data can be done by manually deleting the files within the NinjaTrader database folder "Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db" or by navigating to the Historical Data Editor under the Tools\Historical Data menu. Daily data cannot be deleted only for the last day and must be deleted for that expiry.

As charts and other windows may be recording historical data as well, there may be some issues when trying to delete a data file that is being accessed by a chart or other window. It would be advised to shut down NinjaTrader when manually deleting files and avoid deleting files programmatically from a NinjaScript.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Yes I interested to delete only the last day data and i want to do it in code as my scenario does not utilize any recording of historical data. If possible I want to access the same API that used when the user deletes an entry from the historical data.

I could of course try the delete from folder if the first option is not possible however my Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\Day contains only one file named 2017.Last even if I imported a great number of files with trade data. The Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\minute does contain many files i guess as they imported but not the Day folder do I miss something?

Comment

Hello tolisss,

Thanks for your reply.

The historical data editor's functionality is not revealed and there is not any documentation I could point you to for using it from NinjaScript.

Daily data is recorded to one file titled by the year for that instrument. It is not currently possible to remove one daily entry from the historical data file from the platform or by NinjaScript.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf asking for the ability to delete historical data through NinjaScript, and to allow for deleting one specific entry. I will update this post with the ticket ID's once I have received them.

Ticket ID: SFT-2515

Feature requests are up to the development team and their priorities to consider implementation. Once they have been implemented, the ticket ID can be found in the Release Notes page of the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/8_0_7_1.htm

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please don't hesitate to ask.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 07-11-2017, 11:53 AM.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes