Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

The secured image was created using a trial version of AgileDotNet and cannot run on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The secured image was created using a trial version of AgileDotNet and cannot run on

I understand there is an identical question in the beta archive. It is almost 1 year old!

I'm trying to determine if there is anything current and frankly speaking I don't even know if it is related to indicators at all, as the message is so cryptic.

My problem today is that I woke up this AM, set up my workstation, got a cup of coffee and prepared for my trading day by starting NT8 and having it open to my "perfectly working for the last month" workspace.

I have 4 charts in this workspace. I navigated to one that has a 30 day trial (with 10 days left). I expanded this chart and did a right click and got this error:

"The secured image was created using a trial version of AgileDotNet and cannot run on this machine."

Clicking OK, results in NT8 shutting down.

I restarted NT8, made sure the above workspace opened, then navigated to a different workspace without the trial. Same error.

Any ideas? Is this indicator related? How is it that I have a problem with a trial version of AgileDotNet and I've never even heard of it! I'm searching Google but all I find are how to possibly fix for software unrelated to NT8.

Man, I'm bummed! It is a beautiful day and everything was going so well. Good thing this isn't my livelihood, heh?

Hello takacsj,

Thank you for your post.

It is related to the NinjaScript Add Ons you may have imported. Likely you were provided an Add On that was created with a trial version of the protection software AgileDotNet. You can find details on AgileDotNet at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...l_security.htm

You will need to contact any vendor you acquired the Add Ons from to see if they have a version exported with the full version of the protection software AgileDotNet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

OK, that will be quite the problem as I have two purchased add-ons, 1 trial, and a handful of add-ons I installed from futures.io.

So, for example, based on your reply, I would have to contact 3 separate vendors and the creators of the various futures.io add-ons? Why isn't there an error message letting me know the problem add-on? I checked the logs and see nothing.

Also, if I open a blank workspace with no other workspaces open, and add charts to it, might I be able to determine the culprit? Or will I get the error regardless now because of one bad add-on?

One last question, it appears that I can buy my own AgileDotNet license for 100/year. If all else fails, can I buy my own license and apply it and get rid of the error?

As you can imagine, 100 dollars is a small price to pay to go about my business today. Really, a feature request should be to have a direct link in the logs to the problem add-on.

Comment

It appears you would only need to contact the three vendors as they would be the ones who have protected their code. Purchasing Agile.net will not help you.
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello takacsj,

Thank you for your response.

The error is as reported from the AgileDotNet software, unfortunately there is no means to determine which of the add ons reported the item aside from noticing the add ons indicators do not plot on the chart.

This error is in reference to the supplied add on when it was exported and not your installation directly. Purchasing your own license for the AgileDotNet software would not resolve the fact you were supplied an add on exported with the trial version.

Comment

Only one has replied so far. They asked me to reinstall.

I get the following when I attempt to resintall or remove:

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

I get similar error when I try "Remove NinjaScript Assembly".

I've followed the steps in the 1 year old thread and they don't work. I still get the above error after removing the add-on. I've updated the support ticket.

I'm getting ready to:

1. Remove all three add-ons. Nothing in logs or pop-ups indicate which one.
            2. Re-install NT8.
            3. Go back to NT7.

A more detailed error message, "Here is the NinjaScript file causing the problem" would be extremely helpful.

Comment

Hello takacsj,

Thank you for your response.

I have responded to your email. I will await your response if needed by email.

Comment

Hallo,
                I am in the same situation now, except NT does not even start. At startup I get the error message. When I click OK, NT shuts down.

I already contacted the developer of the strategy, he will not buy the full version of agile.net.

Then I tried deleting all my workspaces to avoid the strategy loading at startup. That didn't help.

So how can I uninstall the strategy?

Please help. Thank you.

Comment

Hello wittmjo,

Thank you for your post.

You can manually remove the strategy by going to your Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom. In this folder, look for files with the same name as the strategy that end in .CS and/or .dll. If these exist, delete them. Next, open the Strategies folder you should see here. Check for the strategy here too, and remove it if it exists, then try to restart NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                  Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate,
                    NT starts now but as soon as I want to open the Strategy Builder, I get the following error:
                    'Uncompilable NinjaScript - NinjaScript must be in a compilable state to create or edit Strategies...*
                    How can I find out which existing strategy is causing the problem?
                    I deleted all the files connected to the Agile-Net Strategy. Also the log doesn't have any entry.

Comment

Hello wittmjo,

Thank you for your reply.

The compile error you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor indicates you still most likely have a reference to the .DLL files you removed that no longer exist in your installation. Please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
                      1. From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
                      2. Click Compile in the tool bar at the top.
                      3. In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
                      4. In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
                      5. If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove, then Ok.

Once complete, click the compile button again. If there are no further errors reported, please try to open a Strategy Builder.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes