Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

are there audible alert features in ninja ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    are there audible alert features in ninja ?

    are there audible alert features in ninja ?

    #2
    Hello joemiller,

    Thanks for opening the thread.

    Audible alerts can be created through the Alerts dialog from a Chart, or from a programmed NinjaScript.

    The Alerts dialog allows to create alerts similarly to the Strategy Builder where you can specify a condition using a Condition Builder and then the action you desire. We have various examples for setting up alerts and a tutorial video included in our help guide. I will provide a link below.

    Alerts Examples - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tsexamples.htm

    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello joemiller,

      Thanks for opening the thread.

      Audible alerts can be created through the Alerts dialog from a Chart, or from a programmed NinjaScript.

      The Alerts dialog allows to create alerts similarly to the Strategy Builder where you can specify a condition using a Condition Builder and then the action you desire. We have various examples for setting up alerts and a tutorial video included in our help guide. I will provide a link below.

      Alerts Examples - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tsexamples.htm

      Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      thanks jim,

      the alert apparently sounds only once ... which is great, no complaints.
      it would be even better if the alert sound kept repeating itself until
      manually stopped [in case the alert is triggered when i am out of ear-shot.]
      may i request such a software upgrade?

      Comment


        #4
        Hello joemiller,

        Thanks for the additional question.

        The functionality is already implemented in the Rearm feature. You could for example, set the Rearm type to "On timer" and you can set "Rearm seconds" to 1 to have the alert go off on each second.

        More information on configuring Alerts can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lertProperties

        If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Hello joemiller,

          Thanks for the additional question.

          The functionality is already implemented in the Rearm feature. You could for example, set the Rearm type to "On timer" and you can set "Rearm seconds" to 1 to have the alert go off on each second.

          More information on configuring Alerts can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lertProperties

          If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
          Re: ''The functionality is already implemented in the Rearm feature. You could for example, set the Rearm type to "On timer" and you can set "Rearm seconds" to 1 to have the alert go off on each second.''

          it’s not working for me.

          my alerts successfully rearm [e.g.] the audio alert occurs and then occurs each time after that with each successive alert. however each audio alert is announced only once, so that if I am out of earshot I will miss it.

          a really useful feature would be for the alert to keep sounding until I return to the computer and manually shut off the verbal audio repeating alert.

          then when the next alert occurs [maybe hours later] the announcement starts repeating over and over again until I shut it off … as described in the previous paragraph.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello joemiller,

            Thanks for clearing that up.

            I have submitted a feature request for this on your behalf. I will update this post when I have received the ticket ID. When it is implemented, you can reference this ticket number in the Release Notes of the version of NinjaTrader 8 that includes this feature.

            Release Notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

            Keep in mind, feature requests are fulfilled based on our development team's schedule and priorities and we cannot provide a time frame for when it will become available.

            Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              thanks jim

              much appreciated

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                Hello joemiller,

                Thanks for clearing that up.

                I have submitted a feature request for this on your behalf. I will update this post when I have received the ticket ID. When it is implemented, you can reference this ticket number in the Release Notes of the version of NinjaTrader 8 that includes this feature.

                Release Notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

                Keep in mind, feature requests are fulfilled based on our development team's schedule and priorities and we cannot provide a time frame for when it will become available.

                Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                have you received the ticket ID?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hello joemiller,

                  I just got it. The ticket ID is SFT-2628.

                  This feature's implementation can be found in the Release Notes of the version of NinjaTrader 8 that includes the feature. You can find the Release Notes here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

                  Feature requests are fulfilled based on our development team's schedule and priorities and we cannot provide a time frame for it to become available.

                  Thanks for your patience.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 08-22-2017, 04:15 PM.
                  JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by NicholasJoannette, Today, 12:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  7 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NicholasJoannette  
                  Started by WalterSkinner, Today, 11:39 AM
                  1 response
                  12 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by ntdev, Today, 10:53 AM
                  1 response
                  9 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                  Started by aelagha, Today, 10:38 AM
                  3 responses
                  13 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aelagha
                  by aelagha
                   
                  Started by aaadetos, Today, 10:36 AM
                  3 responses
                  13 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                  Working...
                  X