Live Feed on Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Feed on Charts

I'm new to NT and I want to find out how to setup the platform NT8 for live data feed, I'm currently using feed from TD Ameritrade. Compare to Think Swim platform, NT8is very slow. I want the chart to update tick by tick or second by second. So how do I set this up?

Also How do I setup chart to display after hours trading.

BTW - this is for equity trading - stocks and ETFs.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jddddd2; 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM.

TD Ameritrade should provide NinjaTrader with real-time tick-by-tick equities data if the TD Ameritrade account that is connected has real-time data enabled for equities.

Please clarify - you're connected to TD Ameritrade within NinjaTrader, but it appears 'slow' or 'delayed'? If so, please go into further detail about how you are determining this.

Equities in NinjaTrader us an RTH trading hours template by default. This can be changed from with a chart's Data Series settings. Follow these steps:
    • Right-click on your chart
    • Select 'Data Series'
    • Change the 'Trading hours' to 'US Equities ETH'
    • OK

Comment

I have a 15 min chart open for AAPL, prices are changing constantly on this stock but I don't see any changes in NT8 chart. the price stays constant in NT8 as if it only update every 15 min, if AAPL moves up/down 1 cent, I expect the chart to update me with this info. Like it does in TOS.

Thanks.

Comment

Please clarify - are you currently connected to any data feed within the NinjaTrader platform? You can confirm this by going to the Control Center > Connections. Does any connection have a green circle to the left of the connection name? If so, what is that name?

Comment

Yes, I have connection to TD Ameritrade and I see green circle next to it.

Comment

Do any equities update in real time? For example, a MSFT chart?

Please disconnect from your TD Ameritrade connection and try connecting with my guest Kinetick account:

Login: guest
            Password: cgb4gqhp

Do you see real-time equities data with my Kinetick connection?

Comment

I have setup Kentics now but since market is closed, it's disconnected status now. I have to wait til tomorrow to check. How do I tell which connection I'm currently using? And do I have to exit NT8 and go back in to change to different connection?

Thanks.

Comment

You can tell which connections are active in the Control Center by clicking on 'Connections' and then observing which connections have green circles to the left.

The Kinetick credentials will expire today so it may be best to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com tomorrow morning to continue support for what you're experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by jddddd2 View Post
                  I have a 15 min chart open for AAPL, prices are changing constantly on this stock but I don't see any changes in NT8 chart. the price stays constant in NT8 as if it only update every 15 min, if AAPL moves up/down 1 cent, I expect the chart to update me with this info. Like it does in TOS.
                  I set up aapl after hours with ETH instrument setting, and it is matching the time and sales window.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes