Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I use a created strategy with an ATM to manage the trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a created strategy with an ATM to manage the trades?

Hello I have created a solid strategy using the strategy builder and I have also set up an ATM to manage my trades.

I would like to know if these two could run simultaneously so that the trades triggered by my strategy can be managed by the ATM I have created or if I must hire an experienced developer to merge the two using code so that they can work at the same time.

I have searched the forum and have found similar threads created but these were years old and I am wondering if this is now a possbility.

Hello turbro21,

Thanks for your post.

No, you would not be able to link them together as is.

There are special methods available through Ninjascript that would allow a strategy to make entries which then triggers a specific ATM strategy to manage the profit and stops and would allow you to manually modify them. Once the profit or stop is hit, the strategy would resume control for the next entry.

These special methods are not available through the strategy builder so you would have to work directly in Ninjascript coding. A well-documented example can be found in your NinjaTrader if you are interested. It is called SampleATMStrategy. It is a working example but you first need to create an ATM strategy template with the specific name of "AtmStrategyTemplate". When run, the strategy will only place long entries but again its purpose is to demonstrate the interaction of a Ninjascript strategy with an ATM.

If you would like your strategy created for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes