Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong date reported by chart bars

Hello,

I just noticed a very important discrepancy in how data is presented by a NT8 chart (I noticed this on a daily bars chart, and am not sure whether this happens for other timeframes as well or not).

It seems that in some cases, the previous day's bar has current day's timestamp on it, and all previous bars have also the day offset by +1.

I am enclosing screenshots taken at the same time: one of the NT chart with the data box showing the date and the ohlc values, one of the same from TWS (I use IB exclusively), and one of Yahoo Finance for the same symbol (ABB).

As you can see from the screenshots, the issue is present only in the NT chart, and not in TWS, which displays the correct date for the last bar. The Yahoo screenshot is included just for completeness so that there be no doubt the data in TWS is correct, and that the problem comes from NT.

This only happens for some instruments, and not for others (in fact, most are correct).

In case this is important, I took the screenshots on Thursday, July 13th, 2017 at 12:30 PM in the Prague, Czech Republic time zone,

i am hoping this is just a glitch coming from some misconfiguration. If it is not, though, this could potentially be a huge issue for all and every trader.

Many thanks,

Libor
    Attached Files

Hello Libor,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

You can send the email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=102192' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please follow up and post

Hi what is the conclusion here? is it messed up or is this just how it is? If yes then why if the other platforms report it correctly?
      Thanks

liborc please post back what you find out as it will take users filling in the blanks for most issues users find.
      Most of the hundreds if not thousands of threads "die" after the infamous "send me your......."
      Thanks
      Last edited by sonia0101; 07-13-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liborc View Post
        In case this is important, I took the screenshots on Thursday, July 13th, 2017 at 12:30 PM in the Prague, Czech Republic time zone,

i am hoping this is just a glitch coming from some misconfiguration. If it is not, though, this could potentially be a huge issue for all and every trader.
        7:00pm EST, USA

TD Ameritrade. I did a 365 day chart of ABB. My mouse was over the 2nd to last bar as pointed to by the arrow. It shows 7/12.

Something is definitely happening there on your setup
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello sonia101,

We are still investigating the issue. I could not reproduce Libor's issue either on my end so far. Do you experience issues with daily time stamps as well?

Comment

Hello,

I deleted the cache in the DB folder. The problem is still present. I am only using Kinetick to avoid any potential interference with TWS.

The dates are still reported wrongly - ABB has bars for July 14, 15, 18, 19. (15th was a Saturday, and 17th Monday.)

The bars do have the correct values, which I believe is pointing towards the underlying calendars/Trading hour defs. I am using the plain default, and never have changed any trading hour definitions.

Changing the time zone also changes nothing.

Many thanks,

Libor

Comment

Hi Jason,

have you been able to look into this further?

Many thanks,

Libor

Comment

Hello Libor,

Can you please provide me the ticket number of our email correspondence. You can find this in the subject field of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes