Compile Error after 8.0.7.1 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile Error after 8.0.7.1 Update

Just updated NT from 8.0.6 to 8.0.7.1 and during the install it gave an error saying "Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript Files."

After starting 8.0.7.1 for the first time and opening my strategies to compile them I get the errors:
    Code:
    @TextImportTypes.cs - The namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes' already contains a definition for 'TextImportType'
    @TextImportTypeBeginningOfBar.cs - The namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes' already contains a definition for 'TextImportTypeBeginningOfBar'
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit.
    Post Edit:
    Just did a full uninstall then reinstall of 8.0.7.1 and am still getting the same error.
    Last edited by antrux; 07-14-2017, 03:45 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

The error seems to indicate that there is a duplication of the items mentioned. could you perform the following steps to see if this resolves the error?

Exit the platform.
    Open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ImportTypes
    Remove all files that start with the @ symbol.
    Now re install the platform once again.

This should replace the files you just removed with the current version if for some reason there was a duplicate or it was not being replaced it should be corrected.

If this does not resolve the error, please let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Only 2 files existed there.
      @TextImportType.cs & @TextImportTypeBeginningOfBar.cs
      I deleted them both and the NT 8.0.7.1 installer did a repair.
      Those two files are now back and so is the compile error.

Comment

Hello,

Could you post an image of the actual errors you are seeing in the ninjascript editor? That could potentially give some clue on this message.

It would seem that there is a duplication of the files, potentially they have been copied into another folder, The NinjaScript editor would highlight the files Path if that was the case.

An alternative approach would be to make a clean installation with no residual user data.
        You can do this by exiting the platform and then rename the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8 old. Next, you would install the platform and a whole user folder is generated.

You could compile and check that there is no error and then re import/ copy the old data back into the new user folder to resume where you had left off. This is a more advanced approach so if you needed remote support for this specifically I would suggest writing into our platform support @ ninjatrader.com address.

Comment

Attached screenshot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, based on what you mentioned I did a search in the bin folder and found some duplicates.

Screenshot attached.

I deleted the two items inside the Drawing Tools folder and the errors are gone now.

Thank you Jesse,
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and letting me know this was solved.

Just as a side note, the images did help in this situation, the filename listed on the very left column should list a folder rather than just the name:

ImportTypes/@.....cs

Instead, you are just seeing the filename which would lead me to believe the duplicate was in the bin/custom folder although it can indicate the files are just in some other folder. Your second image confirms that it was the Drawing Tools folder. The compile error showing no folder for the @ file is the clue.

I just wanted to note this as this is a helpful clue when removing compile errors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              10 responses
              0 likes