Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OIF files and ATM strategy template help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIF files and ATM strategy template help needed

Hi,

Newbie here. After going through the documentation and forum I have a few questions about ATM strategy templates and OIF files.

What I am wanting to do is set up an ATM strategy template that is called from a OIF file when it is executed.

Simple to do using the interface however where I get stuck is editing the template once it is saved.

1. Is it possible to edit and modify a ATM template in the NinjaScript editor? I realise there is an interface to edit the ATM template however I want to add greater complexity around stop management.

2. Is it possible to create an ATM strategy template in NinjaScript editor and have the OIF call the ATM strategy template when the trade is executed? If so how is that done.

Any advice from the experts would be appreciated.

Many thanks
    Robbo

Hello Robbocj,

Welcome to the support forum.

There are currently no ways to create or edit the templates in the NinjaScript Editor. What specifically are you trying to modify in this situation?

In general, the ATM template system is a manual tool in the platform so the interfaces to manage or edit templates would be held in the various places you can use ATM strategies with manual orders.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable editing XML, you could edit the template file directly but this would likely not be reflected in the user interface. This would also be something you would need to test to make sure the changes are reflected in new orders you place.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes