Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy / Indicator development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy / Indicator development

I am wondering if someone could comment on something you may or may not have been faced with at some point of your development. My current state is that I have a Strategy( Manual Entry and Strategy Exit) and a Main Indicator drawing lines , text and arrows. I also have two sub panel indicators which are a significant load. Currently I pass static vars. This of course this only works in Real Time or Playback I would like it to synchronize and work on Historical data I do not want to create duplication by a separate instance in my Main indicator because of the load. I am thinking that a solution maybe to possibly to create an instance that is only accessed or instantiated/run on Historical data or when a U,I flag is set. So the extra load is only during debug etc. I am thinking if it is instantiated it will run regardless of access. So I don't understand how to make this work. I just don't want to maintain two separate copies of code to go thru my debug and analysis process.

Thanks for any input

Hello JerryWar,

Static variables and methods are not supported by NinjaTrader Support.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No thanks. I will figure it out myself.. I have spent 100's of hours trying to figure out Your
      Problems in NT8 and I ask for information and I am told to go buy it some where else,
      Really ??

Why don't you hire these resources to Find the bugs in NT8 instead of tossing it back on us Users.
      Last edited by JerryWar; 07-30-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh