Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

value of profit target depent of a condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

value of profit target depent of a condition

Dear all.

My strategy generates a profit factor that obtain good results in the major of cases but in some conditions, the profit is filled and let off higer profit.

I would like to develop a profit that if the Price reach the profit and one condition is satisfaced the position continues opened until new profit (higher tan the last).

How can i program this condition.

Bes regards

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, are you currently using the SetProfitTarget specifically or is this target another type of order you are already controlling with logic?

Also can you tell me, are you using the Strategy builder or manually programming?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse.

Yes im using SetProfitTarget. The strategy was created manually programing.

tnaks in advance

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case, you would just need to create logic that supports your idea. Because you are manually programming you can continue to use SetProfitTarget.

One way to approach this would be to first create a condition to set your target which you already have it sounds like or to just set this when you enter.

Next would be a condition that checks for the criteria for more profit, by nature a target will fill if it can so you would need to ensure this condition can happen before the order fills. This condition if true could call SetProfitTarget again with a new price to update the existing target.

This is likely how I would suggest approaching this but you could certainly do it other ways. Another approach would be to not use SetProfitTarget and instead use only logic and market orders. You could check for the condition to exit, and then submit your market order that time. Using this approach you could make complex logic and there would be no target to fill until your logic says to.

We have a sample of modifying stop or target orders at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3222

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes