Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

inidcator return series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inidcator return series

I have an indicator which exposes several series & returns those to be accessible by other indicators/strategies.

In the strategy i can access those series in the code.

For the Strategy builder to see those series from the Indicator in the Plots section of the builder it seems i must return those as Plots (setup in the indicator state == state.defaults) using Values[0] Values[2] etc for however many series i return.

So i am seeing those in the strategy builder - is this the only way i can do so ie i cannot just return a Series<double> from my indicator and access this in the strategy builder?

Someone can code and see it but they must explicity reference in the code as opposed to being generated via the strategy builder.

So i am just wanting to confirm the above.

Also if i have a non price based or non double series i want to return and access - as this cannot be done via a Plot - this would need to be programmatically added ie if i was returning a Enum value related to the logic or a string or other type?

thanks

Hello soulfx,

You are correct, you may only reference data series which are set to plots through using the strategy builder.

Also, yes, since you can't set a true or false value to a plot you would not be able to access this series. I might suggest using 1's and 0's, 1 being true and 2 being false.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Nyman
    by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
    9 responses