Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Managed Vs Unmanaged order execution performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed Vs Unmanaged order execution performance

I'm aware that this question is kind of subjective because there're many variables that might affect execution and fillings orders processing time, however, given the old impossible matter of: "Reversing positions with limit orders while there're protective orders active", and this major upgrade to NT8, I wonder if it was really convenient stick to managed approach in terms of performance, or it's really irrelevant cause they're pretty similar .

Looking forward

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pstrusi; 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM. Reason: Typos

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your note.

If you'd like your strategy to reverse on limit orders while protective orders are active, you should use the unmanaged approach.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your note.

If you'd like your strategy to reverse on limit orders while protective orders are active, you should use the unmanaged approach.

Hi Allan,

There are ways to reverse with protective orders under managed approach, by phases, but you didn't really answer the question:

In your opinion which one of these two approaches has a better performance in time, considering this major update to NT8 from NT7 ? A quick consult to developers team could address an approach.

Thanks

I appreciate direct answers, whether is something known or not, but I don't like post several times asking the same, cause it makes me look as an annoying user.
      Last edited by pstrusi; 09-18-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

So I can best answer your question, could you please elaborate on what the following means? “better performance in time”? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

When you are referring to “major update to NT8 from NT7”, are you referring to the software in general or specifically an update to the managed approach in NT8? I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to ask.

More details will help me answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello pstrusi,

So I can best answer your question, could you please elaborate on what the following means? “better performance in time”? What are you trying to achieve exactly?

When you are referring to “major update to NT8 from NT7”, are you referring to the software in general or specifically an update to the managed approach in NT8? I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to ask.

More details will help me answer your question.
          Since I can change the Strategy to one approach or the another:

1. What I want to achieve is to stick with "approach: managed or unmanaged" which can be the more efficient and fast triggering orders to Broker-Exchange, because in my Strategy milliseconds more or less, could be the difference between being filled or not, despite this is not an HFT, just a quick Strategy.

2. Yes, I meant a major upgrade as software in general

Comment

Hello Pstrusi,

The unmanaged approach would give you a lot more flexibility but would require a lot more consideration in coding, the helpguide states its for experts only. If you want to reverse with a limit order, I would suggest looking into the unmanaged approach, however that’s on the assumption you are an expert.

We really can’t recommend one way or another, it’s up to you to decide based off your experience, coding ability, and strategy considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes