Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing from script-strategy in different panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing from script-strategy in different panels

Hello,

I want to ask how I can have drawings from a script-strategy (NT7) in panels below price-chart.

Drawing from conditions in the script work in panel1 of course. But how can one have for different conditions the drawing in panel2 or panel3 (within the same script as drawing on panel1 from other conditions)

Thank you!
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 09-27-2017, 12:15 PM. Reason: clearifying

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This is controlled by the DrawOnPricePanel bool, the objects by default draw on the Price Panel, setting this to False will allow objects to move into the indicators panel. An indicator by nature cannot draw in two separate panels at one time, you can use this bool to delegate if all drawings are in the price panel or indicator panel.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I tried to explain and I wrote to draw from conditions in another panel than price panel in the same script as there are drawings from other conditions in panel 1. From you reply I understand that this is not possible and all drawings from conditions in a script have to be either in panel 1 or in another panel?

(There are indicators in the forum drawing in panel 1 and in another panel)

Best
      Tony

Comment

Hello,

Yes, your understanding is correct, the property would only allow the indicator to delegate drawing to 1 panel at a time. This is an inherited property which defines how the indicator plots overall in regard to the drawing objects specifically.

Could you provide a link to the item you mentioned? If there is an item that is open source on the forum that does the action you want, you could just review the source for that item to recreate that outcome. In the case where the property is being toggled later from OnBarUpdate, I could not suggest using that approach.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like
        Last Post BarzTrading  
        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes