Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

setting a conditional stop loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to write an ATM strategy that involves a conditional stop loss?

How can I upon entry of a long or short position immediately set a stop loss when the following conditions are met:

1. set a stop loss to exit at the price of the previous 2 bar low.
    2. as price continues to move in the direction of the trade I would want the stop loss to adjust to that movement.

Can this be done as an ATM strategy. If so what would I use to do that? I am not a programer but would like to learn how to do this.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Hello rexsole,

Are you trying to use Atm Strategy methods in a NinjaScript Strategy?

Or are you using SetStopLoss()?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea

I haven't done either, trying to find out which way to go. I have attached a screen shot of what I would like to do. The chart is for ES 12/17. I'm using a Unirenko chart. I have placed an up arrow where I would have gone long and a down arrow where the trade would have closed out. If there is a two bar reversal of the trend I want to have the trade stopped out. So is this something that I can setup in Ninjatrader?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello rexsole,

Yes, it would be possible to place an order as a stop loss and then modify the price of this to simulate trailing logic or breakeven movements.

Below is a link to a forum post with a few examples.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea

Would it be possible to hire a Ninjatrade consultant to write the code for me?

Comment

Hello rexsole,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in NinjaTrader!

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes