Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy builder error when trying to compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy builder error when trying to compile

Hello,
    I made a strategy with Strategy builder and it works. I can apply it to a chart, i can test it with strategy analizer, it gives entry and exit signals, etc.

The problem is when i try to change something in this strategy, again in Strategy builder, it will give error "Object reference not set to a instance of an object". Even if i only load it in the Strategy builder and press "Compile" it will produce the same error.

I opened the Ninja script editor and tried "Compile" - everything there works fine. But when i try to load the strategy from there it does not work as expected - i can not see the code, it sends me again to the strategy builder.

Meanwhile i can create new strategy in Strategy builder and it will compile normaly.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Attached is a video and the strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYZ4rZ0sr2U

Regards
    Attached Files

Hello icog111,

Thanks for your post.

I have been able to replicate the compile error.

We will investigate and update this thread when we have further information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you,
      Just a small update - i have already reinstalled NT8, the problem still exist.

Comment

Hi,
        Do you expect any update on that topic soon? I am sitting on my hands, all available options did not work - remove the strategy, create it from scratch, reinstall NT8, remove the cache, etc, everything leads me to that error message. I am not a programer and i count on the strategy builder. Please advice if there is anything i can do to have a working strategy builder.

Comment

Hello icog111,

Thanks for your post.

We are still working to find the root cause which I understand may take some time. The strategy builder generates code which is then used to build the C# code of the strategy. The C# code produced appears fine so it would be something between the C# code and the strategy builder that we are investigating.

An alternative here may be to unlock the code however as you don't wish to work in Ninjascript that may not be an option for you.

NinjaTrader has just released 8.0.10.0, your current strategy will still have the same error, however, you may want to try creating a new version in 8.0.10.0 from the ground up.

Comment

Hello icog111,

I need to update my last post to you.

I misunderstood that release 8.0.10.0 contained some changes that may help the compile error you are experiencing, however, as it turns out, 8.0.10.0 was released quickly to take care of a pending critical issue for some users (see release notes here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?8_0_10_0.htm and does not contain the changes related to the strategy builder.

So my suggestion to rebuild your strategy builder strategy at this time will not yield better results. Sorry for my confusion on this latest update.

Comment

Yea, it does not work. And it does not allow me to unlock the code, gives the same error.

Comment

Hello icog111,

Thanks for your reply.

If you would like to work on this directly in Ninjascript, please write to me at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, mark the e-mail atten: Paul and please include a link to this thread.

Comment

Hello icog111,

To update you, the strategy builder issue has been resolved. In our continuous build I am able to take your strategy builder file and can compile, modify, compile, unlock, etc. The fix will be available in the next release of NinjaTrader (sorry I do not know when the next release occurs).

Comment

Thanks,
                    So i just have to wait. Strange nobody else complains about it, no idea what So different i have done.

Regards

Comment

PLEASE Please please

Please can't we get some action on this issue if there is a fix lets get it out. This a most frustrating issue.

Dean

Comment

Hello deanldavis475,

Thank you for your post.

Is the file you are seeing this with one you created yourself through the Strategy Builder?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post elirion
                        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                        0 responses