Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How Do You Tell Strategy Builder To Only Trade ONE trade at a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Tell Strategy Builder To Only Trade ONE trade at a time

I'm working with strategy builder and I see the "entries per direction" function but what if I don't want another trade opening while I am in a trade. I want to trade in either direction but I only want to have one position open at a time. I want to close "one" open position before I go on to the next trade. Do you understand what I am saying?

Hello Sadat,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Correct, the entries per direction would only protect you from going, for example, long while you are already long.

The best way to proceed would be to only place an order when you have a flat position (and your other entry conditions are true). In the strategy builder, you can test if the current market position is flat. You can find an example of this in the help guide in the section, "How to create market position comparisons" https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I see. Let me ask you this. Can you automatically trade off of Depth of Market(Order Book) with Ninjatrader. Are there strategies available ? Do all the strategies basically work off the charts ?

Comment

Hello Sadat,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there is a DOM in NinjaTrader that you can trade manually and semi-automatic by using ATMs that are activated upon entry to provide a stop (with options for fixed, trailing, breakeven) and optionally a profit target. You can create any number of ATMs but there are none that come with the platform. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm

In terms of Ninjascript or strategy builder strategies, they do not have to run on a chart, strategies can be initiated from the "strategies" tab of the control center. Please note that if the strategy draws objects (such as markers and other drawing objects) or adds chart indicators, these would not be visible unless the strategy was run from a chart.
        References:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_strategy.htm
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-10-2018, 06:13 AM.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post loganjarosz123  
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes