Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Close Order with no reversal and keep strategy active.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Order with no reversal and keep strategy active.

I am not able to find a way in strategy builder to execute at order management for a close position without reversing the position. I also want to be able to keep the strategy I'm running active after executing the close. I believe it can be done in the SuperDOM in manual by clicking the center scroll button of the mouse on the close button. There should be a way to do this in a strategy.

Hello ggehringer,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The only strategy order that would reverse your position would be for example if you were long and entered a Sell Market order called EnterShort(). The EnterShort() and EnterLong() methods will detect an order in the opposite direction and issue an order to first close the position and then one more to put the strategy in that direction.

In the strategy builder you can exit a position with either the Stops and target section which uses OCO based orders or in another set within the strategy builder you can use for example ExitLong() or ExitShort() which will only issue a market order if there is a position but would not put you in the opposite position.

Strategies are intended to run standalone if you are placing manual orders on the same instrument and the same account then this can contribute to the strategy being out of sync with your account position as it would be unaware of your manually placed orders (or orders placed by another strategy) The strategy will continue running and placing orders according to its coding.

Here are some reference links to information on the strategy builder:
    "How to exit a market position": https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/?actions.htm
    Webinar of StrategyBuilder 301: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...We0Nf&index=11

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post knowmad
    by knowmad

Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, Today, 03:42 AM
    0 responses