Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Preload Bars"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Preload Bars"

Dear Experts,

Can I preload a certain number of bars to ensure custom indicators used in the strategy are already up and running correctly when the strategy is activated?

I'm not referring to "BarsRequiredToTrade".

To my understanding, BarsRequiredToTrade start to count as of strategy activation only. I want to start trading as of strategy activation with custom indicators calculated based on data PRIOR to strategy activation.

Example:
    I want to correctly determine the number of the trading day of the month immediately after strategy (re-)activation, not only after the first month break (which is easy).

There must be a way to do this. Other pieces of software offer this under the term "preload bars" and I consider this a very valuable feature.

Thanks for letting me know.

KR
    NT-Roland

Hello NT-Roland,

We did not get an alert for this post, but for sake of providing the thread with a response, we will be tracking interest in implementing this behavior. I have linked your other thread where the question was presented, and I will update that thread when I receive a ticket ID.

I notice that all indicators, including a basic one such as SMA only begin plotting after the 20th chart bar. What is controlling this behavior and is there any way to alter this behavior?

As of now, it will be required to request enough data for your scripts to start calculating and this is not automatically detected by NinjaTrader.

Thanks for your input!
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello
      Please add my vote on this issue as well. Thank you

Comment

Hi itrader46, thanks your vote has been added to #4356
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is still viable and I'd like to see it implemented. It wouldn't be difficult. Please add another vote for me.

Comment

Hi, it's 2021..has this been implemented yet?

Comment

Hello Smoky, thanks for the follow up.

SFT-4356 is still an open feature request. After the feature ID has been provided, you may check the release notes upon each update of NinjaTrader 8 to confirm if the requested feature has been added. I will add a vote to SFT-4356 for you now.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm - NinjaTrader 8 release notes.

Best regards.
              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has this feature been added yet? It is really awful when you try to do a WFA with indicators requiring historical data (like 20 days MA) on a short testing period (like 7 days).

Only way now is doing it manually by optimizing and adding 7 days to backtest and comparing results
                Last edited by kreztmok; 04-09-2024, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Hello kreztmok,

Interest is still being tracked for SFT-4356, so it is still an open feature request. I will add your vote for SFT-4356 as well.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes —https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                  Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes