• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Same fills for StopMarket and StopLimit orders on range bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same fills for StopMarket and StopLimit orders on range bars?

Hello Ninja!

I have run some backtests on range bars and compared the fills for the different entry order methods. My results show that I get the same fills for orders placed 1 tick above the market on Stop-Market orders and Stop-Limit orders. I would expect at difference since Stop-Limit orders shouldn't fill on touch (when property IsFillLimitOnTouch = FALSE) and thus no trades with MFE = 0 should occur for Stop-Limit orders. I have also compared the fills for entry orders methods below the market and there I do see the expected difference between Limit orders and MIT orders.
    Shouldn't there be a difference in fills between Stop-Limit orders and Stop-Market orders on range bars?

My test was done:
    - with historical tick data in the Strategy Analyzer
    - time frame = range bars (5 ticks)
    - entry order stop price = 1 tick above market
    - property IsFillLimitOnTouch = FALSE
    - OrderFillResolution = Standard

/Poseidon_Sthlm

Hello Poseidon_Sthlm,

To confirm, limit orders are requiring a 1 tick through, however, the limit price of a stop limit does not, is this correct?

This is the confirmed behavior. From our development;
    "We don't have the 'FillLimitOrderOnTouched' concept implemented for stop limits orders. Stop limit orders simply fill at the stop limit price as long as it sits inside of the open/high of the fill bar. This is different then limits orders which have the feature to require pass through or not. "

Feature request SFT-2321 was created for stop limit orders to be affected by slippage the same as a limit order in backtest. I have submitted your vote to this request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.
      Sorry, my misstake. I thought that the property IsFillLimitOnTouch = False also would affect Stop-Limit Orders.

/Poseidon_Sthlm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rainbow47, Today, 06:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rainbow47  
      Started by stenberg98, Today, 04:53 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes