Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting Stop Loss and Take Profit In Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Stop Loss and Take Profit In Strategy

I have read most of the material. I can not get my Stop Loss and Profit Target to fill an order in real time. I am trading Fuure Emini. I have it set to Ticks. What values do you place on Stop Loss, Profit Target page?

Hello Sadat,
    Thanks for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.16.1)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Is this a multi time frame or instrument strategy?

Can you share a snippet of your entry and exit methods. Also any condition for entry on those methods? Screenshots will also work.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Josh,

I got it half working. I'm on Ninjatrader 8 (8.0.15.1.) . I'm on a simualator. Im connected to continuum demo. No error. The take profit does not seem to be working. The Stop Loss has a simulated stop box which I checked. The stop loss is working.

Comment

I did not mean simulator. I am on a Demo Account with a strategy that I am trying out in real time. The take profit hits three ticks which I have it set at but it does not fill.

Comment

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your help. I was able to get it working. Incidentally Josh, can you tell me of another indicator that works on Time and Sales information or bid and ask. Soemthing in the neighborhood of the BuySell Pressure indicator

Comment

Happy to help.

I'm not familiar with anything similar other than order flow tools. That being said, I'm sure there are other indicators out there. We are in the middle of migrating all of the old file sharing NinjaScripts to the new forum, but once that is complete we can take a look and see.
            Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes