Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategies not able to draw on charts in 8.0.16.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies not able to draw on charts in 8.0.16.1

My strategy has stopped drawing in the latest release. I've attached a simple strategy which demonstrates this.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the post kevinenergy,

When I test on my end, I do not have any issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NinjaTrader_2018-10-24_11-18-27.png Views:	1 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	1037064

I may suggest double checking if an older instance of that strategy was giving you that result or if the strategy was not properly enabled.

If the issue is still evident, I may suggest then to troubleshoot the installation.

1. Close NinjaTrader
    2. Rename the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/ folder to "NinjaTrader 8 MINE"
    3. Uninstall NinjaTrader from Windows Control Panel.
    4. Download a fresh installer for NinjaTrader 8 and reinstall
    5. Test in the new clean environment.
    6. If all is well, close NinjaTrader and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in documents to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and rename your "NinjaTrader 8 MINE" folder back to "NinjaTrader 8"
    7. Restarting the platform now will load your existing platform. Do you still see issues?

New installations can be downloaded here - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let me know the results of these tests.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thats weird, I uninstalled and went back to 8.0.15.1 and it is drawing again. I don't have time to set up my workspace from scratch at the moment so will stick to 8.15.0.1 until I have time to do it.

Comment

Hey Jim,

I've had a chance to upgrade again and look into this drawing issue I was having. I am still experiencing this in 8.0.16.3 and followed your instructions for a clean build. Still got the issue, but have done some investigations this morning.

What I've discovered is that if I add a strategy to a chart (clean chart with no templates or other indicators), via Right-Click on chart but don't enable it straight away.... Then go to the Strategies tab in Control center and click the "enable" check box that the Strategy often does not draw with the sample indicator I made. However, If I enable it from the chart via right-click -> strategies, it is able to draw.

Sometimes it draws and sometimes it doesn't - its a bit unpredictable. It also seems to be worse when the chart is not updating. For example if I'm looking at a chart that I don't have live data for e.g. NKY 12-18

Incidentally the actual indicator I'm using in my strategy NEVER draws when I enable it from the strategies tab - but always draws when I enable it from the chart dialog

Comment

Hello kevinenergy,

Thanks for the reply and looking into further.

Earlier we had a report for drawings not appearing on a chart when the strategy is enabled/disabled from the Control Center. This issue was tagged with the ticket ID NTEIGHT-13393 and Development recently pushed a fix to our continuous build. I am not hitting any such related issues with Drawing objects not appearing when enabling the strategy from the Control Center with this internal build when 8.0.16.3 would encounter these issues. You'll be able to note the ID number for this issue in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide when Release 17 gets published.

In the meantime, I would suggest enabling/disabling from the chart to avoid hitting this issue with 8.0.16.3.

Thanks again for bringing this up and investigating further!
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes