Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to create strategy in strategy builder from arrow up or down in indicator in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create strategy in strategy builder from arrow up or down in indicator in NT8

I have a indicator that plots up and down arrow. It is supertend indicator and attached here. It shows the arrow up and down but does not plot value anywhere. It shows uptrend or downtrend. I want to use this indicator through strategy builder, but cant define the condition for long or short position. I believe that the moment it show up arrow, the value should be plotted or printed, so I can use that in condition through strategy builder. Can you please help me in modification of this code. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Hi ninja trader any insights as to how one would go about this? I would like to try this with any indicator that has a plot on main chart. Is this possible in the New NT8?
    TIA

Comment

Hello,

The indicators provided are created for NinjaTrader 7.

In NinjaTrader 7 you can add plots in the Initialize() method.

Below is a public link to the Add() method for indicators for adding plots.

Once added the value is set with the Values series. These are indexed (starting at 0) by the order they are added. Adding 1 plot creates Values[0]. The second added plot becomes Values[1]. etc.

This is set either with the .Set() method or by index.
      Values[0].Set(1000);
      or
      Values[0][0] = 1000;

Below is a public link to Values.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt7/values.htm

An example of creating a plot that can be used as a signal for the Market Analyzer would also be an example that would work here. The public plot will also appear in the Strategy Wizard. This example demonstrates setting a plot to 1 when the condition is true. You could also do this and when the value of the plot is 1 place your order.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...005#post621005

You could set the value of the plot in the same places the Draw methods are being called, like DrawArrowUp() or DrawArrowDown().

With a NinjaTrader 8 script the same can be done. Add a new public plot, set the Values[index] for it, compare this to a numeric value in the Strategy Builder.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea thanks I am not a programmer but thanks for your response, looking for a simplified solution that does not incur extra fees(ninjascript programmer)
        Tks and is appreciated
        was not speaking to the above mentioned indicator as I did not provide it, was in general for any indicator in the new and improved NT8
        Tks
        Last edited by billywantstoknow; 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM. Reason: didnt like the way it read

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fernandobr  
        Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton