Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Startup of the strategy automatically after reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup of the strategy automatically after reboot

Is there meanwhile a possibility to reactivate a strategy automatically?

The workstation reboots automatic, NT8 starts automatic but I always have to reactivate the strategy manually. Or can I switch off the deactivation of the strategy? it is useless because the strategy syncronizes the positions

Hello pmmkm,
    Thanks for your post.

There is not currently a way to do this so you will need to manually re-enable your strategies each time you start up the platform.

That being said, there is an active feature request we are tracking demand for that would allow this behavior and I have added a vote on your behalf. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-392. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know how I may be of further assistance.

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, any update on this topic? I have the same issues as pmmkm.

Comment

Hello superkolleech,

This functionality has not been implemented at this time.

I do not have any additional comment to share regarding the feature request, but I can share that if you would like to leave a strategy running in the event of a disconnection, you could consider changing the On Connection Loss settings in the platform so they are set to Keep Running with a high number of Disconnect Delay Seconds so the strategy stays running in the event of a disconnection. (Control Center > Tools > Options > Strategies > On Connection Loss)

If you need to have the strategy pick up where it left off, we recommend re-enabling the strategy with the ImmediatelySubmit Start Behavior.

If being able to automatically re-enable a strategy automatically is a requirement for you and re-enabling on your own with ImmediatelySubmit is not suitable, please let me know and I will add your vote.

Using ImmediatelySubmit to resume an active strategy position

When a strategy is enabled, it processes historical data to determine trades that the strategy would have made on the data that is already on the PC/chart and to determine what position the strategy is in. (Strategy positions are separate from actual Account positions.)

Immediately Submit automatically submits working orders from when the strategy processed historical data, and assumes the strategy position and account position are where you want it when you enable the strategy. This is typically used to have a strategy resume a position after disabling/enabling. If the strategy already had live orders running, the orders will resume with the new enablement of the strategy if they match the historically calculated orders. If the orders calculated from historical data do not match the live working orders, the live working orders will be cancelled and replaced by those calculated from historical data.

Start Behaviors — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn