Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ninZa.co bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninZa.co bars

Hello
    Attach is the screen shot for the bars that i am using. These bars are set to 12 ticks with a threshold 1. Apart from profit target and trailing stop, i would like to have my entry and exit on the trend change wick. Is there any indicator /suggestion that i can get.I cannot afford to loose the wick and the bar to enter the next trend.

Hello [email protected],

What code do you currently have for the entry and what code are you currently using for the exit?

To ensure that the action is triggered intra-bar, the script will need intra-bar granularity. Below is a public link to a forum post on intra-bar granularity.

Also, below is a public link to a forum post with helpful tips on getting started with NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is how i enter. Exit is profit and loss target.smaller trend change result in big losses.

Comment

Hello [email protected],

For real-time only, if you are wanting to trigger actions intra-bar set Calculate to 'On price change' or 'On each tick' in the Strategy properties window.

To trigger actions such as submitting orders inra-bar historically, intra-bar granularity is necessary. (This means adding a secondary tick series and submitting on the first tick where the condition is true. This requires unlocking the script and coding by hand).
        For this to work with indicators, TickReplay must also be enabled.

Comment

Hello Chelsea
          i don't know how to code by hand. Can you help please

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Do note, this is only if you are wanting intra-bar orders and fills historically.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The NinjaScript Editor 401 course linked in the thread linked in post #2 talks about unlocking a script to code by hand.

In the Sample Intra-bar Granularity script linked in the intra-bar granularity thread demonstrates how to add an intra-bar series and places orders to this series.

Further that post links AddDataSeries, and BarsInProgress(), in the help guide which document this.

After reviewing those forums threads, do you have specific questions I may answer for you to assist you in getting started?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-18-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

any indicator that u can suggest, if entered in a position, would let me be in the trade for a longer time .

regards

Comment

Hello [email protected],

I'm not aware of any specific indicator that would allow an order to be in a position for a longer time. This would be very specific to what you are wanting coded and specifically what you want in the conditions.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

Comment

thanks Chelsea

Comment

would a trailing stop off the a previous bar low or low -2 ticks etc be helpful, looks the all of your bars have not wicks on your uptrend bars

YOU probably know how many number of bars back create that reversal wick bar

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cls71
                    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                    3 responses