Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

which value should StartBehavior be set if only unmanaged orders are generated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which value should StartBehavior be set if only unmanaged orders are generated?

Which value should StartBehavior be set if IsUnmanaged is set to true? I am not using strategy to do any backtesting or simulated trading on historical bars. Therefore my strategy only starts to trade in realtime by calling SubmitOrderUnmanaged(). Also I would already make sure no position or order in my account when the strategy starts to trade. (If not, I wish they could be synchronized so that my strategy make close them before starting to trade.) In such case, which StartBehavior value should I set?

Thanks,
    Clearpicks

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

While I cant suggest a specific start behavior to use, I can suggest reviewing the different options you have available to fully understand them.

The strategy will perform according to the start behavior selected, your logic would be the other factor that decides how the strategy ultimately starts. Most commonly you will need to review your existing logic in contrast to the start behavior page to ensure your logic can work with the behavior selected.

Wait until flat, synchronize account can be used to prevent the script from trading until it is synchronized with the account. This allows the strategy to process over the charts historical data until it reaches realtime. If the account position is flat to match the strategy, it will start. If the account is flat and the strategy places a trade which becomes a Historical position, the strategy would wait until its logic closes that position and then it will start in realtime once flat.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NRITV
    by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    7 responses