Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Make "Bars ago" variable within Strategy Builder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make "Bars ago" variable within Strategy Builder.

I'd like to be able to set "Bars ago" to be a variable (or an indicator that returns an integer). This will allow bars ago to dynamically change based on calculations done within a strategy.

Hello cupir2,

Thank you for the post.

I do see that the BarsAgo field currently lacks the "Set" button which would allow for a user input selection. I will need to put in a feature request for this item. This would currently only be available if you unlock the code and then use the Input for the BarsAgo. This would also require that you add in a BarsAgo check to make sure there is enough data before doing that call.

I look forward to being fo further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello please i need too this set button in bars ago- I try build this strategy in builder and i can not change the n bars ago.

The VolumeColorsStrategy strategy was published in the July 2011 Stocks and Commodities article authored by Edgar Kraut titled “A Color‐based System for Short‐Term Trading”.

Regards

Comment

Hello walter739,

The linked script is a manually coded strategy, you could put a BarsAgo or any modifications you wanted in that script by using the NinjaScript editor. A majority of the content you may find online will be manually coded.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for answer Jesse, do you have idea how i can pass this strategy to builder ? . I wish add other ideas and the editor is more complicated for me.

Comment

Hello walter739,

With a manually coded strategy no, the builder has no ability to load manually coded scripts. You could try and learn from the concepts used in that strategy and then try to apply those concepts in the builder however that may or may not work depending on what the manually coded strategy is doing. It would be best to try and learn to code if you wanted to work with the manually coded strategies that you find on the user app share. You can also search on the forums here for "builder" to find some example scripts made for the builder. Here is one post that has a couple examples: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...596#post806596

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Please add my vote to adding the "set" variable to bars ago.
              It is critical for backtesting many standard trading strategies on Builder for those of us not coding.

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

Thanks, I have forwarded a vote for that. You can track this feature request in the help guide change log using the id SFT-5235.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you. Where do we check this change log, I don't see it?
                  This change is badly needed, right now we can't test a huge amount of the industry standard algo strategies.

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

You can find the change log in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

The feature you requested would not be listed in there at this point, if that happens to change in the future it would be listed under that ID in the change log for the release it changed in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Aviram Y  
                    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes