Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issue while reading excel from OnBarUpdate()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue while reading excel from OnBarUpdate()

Hello,

I am connected to External Data feed connection in NinjaTrader 7. I have created an excel from DDE link and I am able to read this excel(on my local machine) from my
    strategy code in initailize method(). I am getting issues while reading this excel from the OnBarUpdate() method. Seems like the onBarUpdate() is not getting called on
    evrey minute.

Hello bhushan.koli,

Support for the external data feed is limited.

I would recommend starting with the forum post below and ensuring that you are able to get real-time data showing on the chart.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Continuously fetch data from Excel sheet after specific interval

Hello,

I have excel sheet containing live market data which keeps on updating continuously. I want to use this excel sheet as my data feed. So how can I continuously fetch this data from excel sheet after specific interval of time?

Comment

Hello bhushan.koli,

Streaming data from an excel spreadsheet would be far outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader support.

However, if you want to use this data as real-time or historical data that can be fed to an indicator, this would need to come from a custom application that pushes data to NinjaTrader through the External data feed.

I am able to assist with any calls to the NinjaTrader API through the NinjaTrader.Client.dll or NTDirect.dlls by demonstration. However, I am not able to assist with your custom project.

If you were ok with streaming this information in as information and not as real-time or historical data (meaning only that one indicator streaming the information can use the information while any scripts that do not have the code to stream in the information will not be able to use it), then you can use unsupported methods to connect with Excel.

Connecting with Excel is also unsupported by NinjaTrader support.
        Below is a link to a forum thread that discusses connecting with Excel.

As far as streaming from an excel spreadsheet to your custom project and then forwarding this to the External data feed, this is possible. Likely the Excel part will be something along the lines of the above link as well, but within your custom project. Then it would be pushed on a timer into the External data feed.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist you with your custom external project or with using the Excel dlls.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connect Ninja Trader to Interactive Brokers

Hello,

While adding connection in Ninja Trader there is no option to add Interactive Brokers connection.
          How can I connect Ninja Trader to Interactive Brokers?

Comment

Hello bhushan.koli,

Thank you for your response.

You would need a license key that is enabled for use with Interactive Brokers in order to set up a connection to Interactive Brokers.

Please write to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your request on the Interactive Brokers connection and please provide your license key in the email (DO NOT post your license key here on the forums).

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RookieTrader