Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data series

Hello,

Im looking to develop a strategy within strategy builder but want to use a custom range bar for the data series. Is this possible? I don’t see an option outside of the ones provided.

Thanks

Hello Vozdovac,

The primary series will be selected in the Data Series window from the chart, or will be selected in the Data Series section of the parameters when backtesting the script or running directly from the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Yes, you can open a Range chart and enable a strategy on it, yes you can select Range bars in the Data Series parameters when adding an instance of the strategy to the Strategies tab of the Control Center or when backtesting in the Strategy Analyzer.

Below is a public link to the Strategy Builder 301 video which demonstrates how to run a strategy.
    Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder.2:45 Opening a Strategy Builde...
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello Vozdovac,

The primary series will be selected in the Data Series window from the chart, or will be selected in the Data Series section of the parameters when backtesting the script or running directly from the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Yes, you can open a Range chart and enable a strategy on it, yes you can select Range bars in the Data Series parameters when adding an instance of the strategy to the Strategies tab of the Control Center or when backtesting in the Strategy Analyzer.

Below is a public link to the Strategy Builder 301 video which demonstrates how to run a strategy.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...utu.be&t=1h25s

The custom range bar I want to use is from a third party. I don't see an option for my custom bar in the Data Series section of the parameters. Will I be able to select from the chart? The goal is to develop the strategy and use market reply data to test it. I am hoping that I don't need to re-code the custom bar type again. Please advise.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Vozdovac,

If the bar type has been imported, this would be listed in the Type drop-down of the Data Series window.

Have you restarted NinjaTrader since importing the bar type script?

Was this imported from the original .zip by clicking Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...?

Comment

I imported it a while ago and it functions without any issues. Is there a reason why it doesn't show within the Data Series drop-down menu within strategy builder?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Vozdovac,

To confirm you are trying to add a secondary series and you are not using this as the primary series?

The Strategy Builder is limited and does not have the ability to add custom bar types for secondary series. You would need to unlock the script and use AddDataSeries() (or AddRenko(), whichever this script has been designed to use).

The Strategy Builder is also not capable of math.

Comment

I’m not sure what you mean by primary or secondary but I want to use the custom bar type for all of the testing etc.

Comment

Hello Vozdovac,

The primary series is the series selected on the chart.

The Additional Data page of the Strategy Builder is so that you can use AddDataSeries() to add a secondary series and have two series running in the script.

Are you trying to work with two series or just one?

If just one, you don't have to code it. You can just selected the bar type you want when opening the chart or when running the script.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                1 response
                0 likes