Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Break EOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break EOD

I've read through the information provided about the meaning of Break EOD and still do not fully understand how it impacts on a strategy. Would it be possible to explain in as simple a way possible? Reason for asking is I'm creating strategies using time based bars of varying length and realising that whether the box is ticked or unticked has a massive impact on the outocome of a number of the strategies. I would basically like to know which option will most accurately represent reality. Ticked or unticked, for time based bars?

Thanks

Hello demo166130,

The Break at End of Day causes a new bar to form at the open of a new session.

When this is disabled, the bar will continue building and won't break when a new session starts. This means a bar can be opened in one session and continue building into a new session.

Try opening two 1440 minute charts. With one keep Break at EOD enabled, and with the other disable Break at EOD. Leave the trading hours template as <use instrument settings>. Compare the close time of the bars. The one with Break at EOD breaks the bar at close of the session and will only contain the minutes within the trading hours template. The one without Break at EOD continues building into the next bar until a total of 1440 minutes are included.

Below is a public link to the help guide.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea, I get it, but am now left considering which option will be best suited to certain trading strategies since the difference between ticking the box or not is pretty significant

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18