Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exit all position on the given time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit all position on the given time.

Hello.
    How to exit all position at the given time?

Hello Czarek,

Are you attempting to close all positions for all accounts on all instruments? (all positions)

Or are you wanting to close the singular position of the strategy? (you have posted in the strategy development section of the forums)

To close the position of the strategy at a specific time in OnBarUpdate():

if (ToTime(Time[0]) == 90000)
    {
    if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long)
    ExitLong();
    if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
    ExitShort();
    }

This would close an open position at 9:00 AM .

Below are public links to the help guide on Time[0], ToTime(), Position, MarketPosition, ExitLong(), and ExitShort().

Also, below is a public link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

If I want to close position in Strategy Analyzer 1 hour before session closes - how to accomplish it programmatically?

I tried updating Property "ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds" to 3600 - but it doesn't seem to work in Strategy Analyzer..

Note, sometimes there are holidays (so sessions are shorter than usual) - I want to accomplish these as well (ideally I want to know programmatically whether that current session has different trading hours than regular one...)

Thank you

Comment

Hello music_p13,

You are correct, ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds is a real-time only property, it will not have any effect on your ExitOnSessionClose time in backtesting processing historical data.

You can use a session iterator to get the time of the session close. The PreventEntryAfterExitOnCloseExample is a good example of getting the time of the session close. (It prevents new entries after the session close until the new session)
        NinjaTrader Community, A common inquiry is that the Exit on close didn't work in a NinjaScript Strategy because there is a position after the exit on close should have occurred. When viewing the log we often find that the Exit on close does indeed exit the position shortly before the end of the session (based on the Exit on

The current session's close time can be compared to the <tradingHours>.Sessions collection.

You would likely need to loop through each day and compare that to this sessions close time .DayOfWeek to know that its the session for today.

Comment

Hi there,

I am trying to close orders at exactly 23:55:00. code:
          Code:
          if (ExitOnDayClose && Time[0].Hour == 23 && Time[0].Minute == 55)
          {
             CloseAllTrades();
          }
          unfortunately its not working correctly. I mean bot close position on different times(at previous candle close). examples:
          1. M1 timeframe - bot close order at 23:54.
          2. M5 timeframe - bot close order at 23:50.
          3. M30 timeframe - bot close order at 23:30.
          4. H1 timeframe - bot close order at 23:00.
          5. etc..
          How can I make it work on exact time and not on previous candle close?
          Waiting for your reply. Thanks

Comment

Hello Revazi123,

For OnBarUpdate() to run before the bar closes, Calculate must be OnPriceChange or OnEachTick.

If you want the time of the current tick, in either real-time or historical, add a 1 tick series.

Or get the latest market update in real-time (and with TickReplay in historical) in OnMarketData().

Comment

Hello ChelseaB,

I have OnBarUpdate calculated OnEachTick. Also I have already tried to use it OnMarketData() and also I have already added 1 tick series.
              and still its not working and I don't understand why. Can you give me any example or something like that?

Comment

Hello Revazi123,

Use prints to understand why.

What is the condition?

Comment

Hello ChelseaB,

I am using Prints to check what is happening and this new version what I have coded(already tried that but as you suggested I tried it again as maybe I missed something) with OnMarketData() also with 1 tick series but strategy doing same thing its close orders at close of previous candle.
                  Condition is that I want to close trades at exactly 23:55 and this function shouldn't be depend on timeframe.
                  I really don't understand why its doing it like this again.

Comment

Hello Revazi123

Please provide the condition, the print, and the output.

The output will tell us why any condition is true or false.

Comment

Hello,

I have fixed that with this code:
                      Code:
                      if (ExitOnDayClose && marketDataUpdate.Time.Hour == 23 && marketDataUpdate.Time.Minute == 55)
                      {
                         CloseAllTrades();
                      }
                      Thanks

Comment

Hello Revazi123,

Thank you for providing the condition. The code of the print and the output from the output window was not provided.

The print outside the condition should appear as:

Print(string.Format("{0} | ExitOnDayClose: {1} && marketDataUpdate.Time.Hour: {2} == 23 && marketDataUpdate.Time.Minute: {3} == 55", marketDataUpdate.Time, ExitOnDayClose, marketDataUpdate.Time.Minute));

With the action block, above CloseAllTrades(); should be a print:

Print(string.Format("{0} | CloseAllTrades()", marketDataUpdate.Time));

May we have the output from these prints?

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Revisiting another of your older posts. I was also trying to implement Exit at a given time within Strategy Builder framework and for now my attempts were not terribly successfull.
                          I am trying to implement a couple of build-in safeguards to prevent my Perpetual Strategy staying beyond trading hours and Exit at Given time is one of those safeguards.
                          1. I defined Overall Trading Session hours from 17:00-15:40 CET.
                          2. I limited my own trading hours from 17:10-14:50
                          3. I instructed my strategy to exit (close) position at exactly 15:00 using Strategy Builder Time Series equal Time Value

However , if I did not explicitly specify to Exit on Session Close within given time period (60-300 seconds), my strategy is still enabled and position being held from 15:40-17.00 ( as seen on chart and from LOG), which is obviously not welcome scenario. Having looked at the post I made sure that Calculations are set on Price Change. I guess somewhere there is a fault in my implementation, but I could not identify it yet.
                          Cheers
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello kazbek966,

Is the issue with the conditions not evaluating as true?

Have you added a print to the actions for that condition set to see at what times the condition is true, or have you printed each value used in the condition set?

What bar type and interval is on the chart?
                            Is there a bar that closes at exactly 15:00?

Comment

Hi Chelsea, I run two trials: first on Renko , that obviously not time dependent and could have potential issues with time, other on Standard bar 1 Minute chart that obviously should not have any issue to have a candle closed exactly at 15:00. May be better way is to specify close as time period : say from 15:00 to 15:01? I dont really mind. There are no issues per se with having three conditional tabs, correct ? I am enclosing main part of the strategy that had run on both LONG and SHORT side to account for both eventualities. For some reason CS file upload did not work. Where should I put those PRINT Command as this something I still not very much comfortable with.

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                              {
                              if (BarsInProgress != 0)
                              return;

if (CurrentBars[0] < 1)
                              return;

// Set 1
                              if ((Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
                              && (IsFalling(AuLLMA1.LLMA) == true)
                              // TIME
                              && ((Times[0][0].TimeOfDay >= new TimeSpan(17, 10, 0))
                              || (Times[0][0].TimeOfDay < new TimeSpan(14, 50, 0))))
                              {
                              EnterShort(Convert.ToInt32(DefaultQuantity), "");
                              }

// Set 2
                              if ((Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
                              && (IsRising(AuLLMA1.LLMA) == true))
                              {
                              ExitShort(Convert.ToInt32(DefaultQuantity), "", "");
                              }

// Set 3
                              if ((Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
                              && (Times[0][1].TimeOfDay == new TimeSpan(15, 0, 0)))
                              {
                              ExitShort(Convert.ToInt32(DefaultQuantity), "", "");
                              }

}

Cheers
                              Last edited by kazbek966; 02-23-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              167 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred