Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to edit downloaded strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit downloaded strategies?

Hey guys,

I downloaded a Strategy via the User App Share. I want to open the strategy within the Strategy Wizard and add more indicators/edit it, but it does not show in my list of available strategies. Why is this? Is this because its not a custom strategy that I made? I opened the Ninjascript editor, and navigated to the strategy. I can see the coding, and I have tried clicking Save as, renaming the file. No luck. What am I missing here? Thanks!

The file is not locked, either.

Hello Sh00tHerMcGavin,

Once a strategy is unlocked from the strategy builder it can no longer be edited with the strategy builder.

The strategy builder is like a wizard in Microsoft Word in that it generates a basic framework from which you can unlock and begin to add custom code. Most strategies and scripts uploaded to the User App Share are more complex that what is possible with the strategy builder and are unlocked scripts.

This means you will likely need to edit the script in the NinjaScript Editor.

I recommend you review the NinjaScript Editor 401 course publicly linked below.

Also, below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the helpful information and the quick response Chelsea. Looks like I'll be doing some reading!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238
      by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes