Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic DataSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic DataSeries

I understand we cannot add data series dynamically although I really would like to be able to add and remove one to the end but only because I want the ability to get the current price when my strategy is processing on slower timeframes for the specific point in time. While I could add a smaller timeframe and ignore it, I only require the current price infrequently and was wondering is there a function call that I can query for the exact price without adding another timeframe and incurring the processing hit?

You may say, the current timeframe executing has the exact price - but I run a timer that operates in between the timeframes that I can turn on and off. When that triggers, between the longer running timeframes - the price is not current. If there was a call I could make - it could eliminate the need to put a tick or second timeframe that otherwise would not be used for the majority of the time.

Is this possible?

Hello MarketAlly,

Thank you for the post.

Generally adding a series is the easiest/least syntax way to do this. However, if the series is not being used at all and you are doing something out of sync such a just checking a price, you might look into using a BarsRequest to subscribe to data and set the current price to a variable which your timer logic reads.

You could use a small lookback period to request minimal data, you can ignore the historical data and then just use the market data subscription for the live prices. Storing the price to a variable would eliminate the need to repeat the bar's request, the timer loop would read the variables value for a live price.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses